Hwo to Check X10 devices status.

Hello!

I'm able to use X10 library to turn on/off Light.

My question is that are there any ways,

1. check how many and what unit number of the X10 devices connected to the power line? In this case, it is like broadcast message. I do not know X10 devices are connected or not. So to figure it out, I will send this message and read the response and update it.

2. check the current status of the device?

Can you let me know how to call the functions if you have any idea?

Thanks

leftdal: Hello!

I'm able to use X10 library to turn on/off Light.

My question is that are there any ways,

1. check how many and what unit number of the X10 devices connected to the power line? In this case, it is like broadcast message. I do not know X10 devices are connected or not. So to figure it out, I will send this message and read the response and update it.

2. check the current status of the device?

Can you let me know how to call the functions if you have any idea?

Thanks

Plus, is there any way that Arduino check if it turned on light after sending commands?

If not, how does the Arduino know that it sends command correctly?

The X10 protocol does not, in general, have any provision for determining what devices are on the line. There is no way to query most X10 modules, with a couple of exceptions. If you are turning on a device, you can send the same state a couple of times after a delay to increase the chance of it being received. The only way to be sure a light was turned on is to put a light sensor near it, and read the sensor.

-transfinite

transfinite: The X10 protocol does not, in general, have any provision for determining what devices are on the line. There is no way to query most X10 modules, with a couple of exceptions. If you are turning on a device, you can send the same state a couple of times after a delay to increase the chance of it being received. The only way to be sure a light was turned on is to put a light sensor near it, and read the sensor.

-transfinite

I got it!!