HX711 compiling errors

Hello all,

Some months ago, I was using Arduino IDE with the Sparkfun HX711 library without problems.

But, at one point it stopped working, by triggering a trojan in Mcafee when I was downloading through the USB port to the board.

After some troubleshooting, I found that the base versioin of Arduino 1.0.6 was not triggering that error using the basic examples.

But, when I installed the HX711 librairy ( I tried many versions), Arduino was not able to compile any of the HX711 examples (the basic Arduino examples compile OK).

I tried to remove the HX711 librarie from user/arduino/library... and re install other versions without success.

I tried to move the .h and .cpp to the program directory also.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Here is an example of the error reported:

Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Uno" C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=106 -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard -IC:\Users**\Documents\Arduino\libraries\HX711-multi-master C:\Users*\AppData\Local\Temp\build7919398048481115461.tmp\HX711-multi.cpp -o C:\Users****\AppData\Local\Temp\build7919398048481115461.tmp\HX711-multi.cpp.o

In file included from HX711-multi.ino:1: C:\Users*****\Documents\Arduino\libraries\HX711-multi-master/HX711-multi.h:49: error: extra qualification 'HX711MULTI::' on member 'readRaw'

If you got the IDE from the Arduino site it is very likely your "Trojan" was a false positive.

Windows NT ? I cannot remember quite when NT was dropped from the IDE supported OS list but I suspect a very long time ago.

Even worse if it is a VM of NT !

As for libraries they change over time so you may end up looking for quite an old version to comply with the old IDE.

Much like OS, libs get updated to take into account newer features and newer boards.

I know you say you tried many versions but there are so many out there that with your current system you may be flogging a dead horse.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum. It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future. Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.