hydraulics run by arduino

I am new to Arduino and would really appreciate some help with my new project. I have a hydraulic see saw table which I have to lift up and down manually(by pushing a screwdriver into each side of the power pack to lift the ram up and down). I am looking to have an arduino motor shields programmed to do this automatically. to start first from the flat position and then up and down for 60 minutes or whatever time is needed and then to finish at the flat position again. I have not got a clue where to start or what to buy and I don't know if i'm allowed to commission anybody to build it for me. Can anybody point me in the right direction please

You describe using a screwdriver to control this.
Is the screwdriver making an electrical connection? Or hitting switches? Or moving a hydraulic valve?

Frequently, devices that are driven by hydraulics are big enough to cause safety problems. I do not know what your device actually does. Is there any safety concern? Can injury be done if a person becomes trapped by the movement? Automating something that can injure people is bad.

The screwdriver is something I use to move the ram manually. I am getting the right power source for it tomorrow. That just moves the ram via a switch for up and a switch for down. I am looking for something that will automate this so that it will lift up and go down on a cycle without me having to stand pressing switches all day. This is not a project that will cause harm. I tried to upload a pic but it wouldnt upload