Hydro Slide Dispatch System

hey guys,

So what I'm trying to do is figure out a cheap way to create a rider dispatch system to help the lifeguards out.

So this is where I need your help. What type of hardware do I need including an Arduino Board to create this system;

1. so at the top of the slide there is an led strip light which when the program starts the led is green.
  2. when the rider passes the first motion sensor at the top of the slide the green light turns to red and notifies other riders to stay clear of the entrance.
  3. near the bottom of the slide there is another motion sensor that will trigger when the rider passes it turning the led at the entrance of the slide from red to green allowing the next rider to enter.

In saying all this being able to wire in four button switches two at the top and two at the bottom of the slide for lifeguards two control the system. button one both at the bottom and top of the slide will pause the system incase of an emergency and button two will reset the system to run it back to normal.

this is a project i want to be able to make so any help would mean so much!

cheers! :slight_smile:

Your shopping list should contain

Two PIR sensors.
A "LED light strip"
Some buttons
A couple of resistors
Cable.

and an arduino