HyperTerminal hangs

I connected the GSM module to the PC using UART converter to test it with HyperTerminal. The problem is, HyperTerminal hangs when AT is entered. Is the GSM module defective?

Is the GSM module defective?

Could be the user, too.

Which GSM module? Which UART converter? How is Hyperterminal configured?

SIM900D GSM module. Nevermind the UART converter. HyperTerminal has the default settings: 9600, 8, none, 1, none.

I have solved this problem. My new problem is it doesn’t send an SMS when connected to the Arduino board. However, HyperTerminal outputs the message to be sent as SMS. What could be the problem?

My new problem is it doesn't send an SMS when connected to the Arduino board. However, HyperTerminal outputs the message to be sent as SMS. What could be the problem?

If one application works, and the other doesn't, that pretty much rules out hardware problems. So, it must be a software problem. Haven't seen any code, though...

yrame: SIM900D GSM module. Nevermind the UART converter. HyperTerminal has the default settings: 9600, 8, none, 1, none.

I have solved this problem. My new problem is it doesn't send an SMS when connected to the Arduino board. However, HyperTerminal outputs the message to be sent as SMS. What could be the problem?

I WANT TO ASK I AM SUFFERING WITH SAME PROBLEM NEED YOUR HELP TO SOLVE IT AS YOU DID SUCCESSFULLY..I AM USING LM317 FOR VBAT..PLEASE HELP

PaulS:

My new problem is it doesn't send an SMS when connected to the Arduino board. However, HyperTerminal outputs the message to be sent as SMS. What could be the problem?

If one application works, and the other doesn't, that pretty much rules out hardware problems. So, it must be a software problem. Haven't seen any code, though...

TRY TO SEND '\r' AFTER WRITING AT COMMANDS..I HOPE YOUR PROGRAM WILL WORK FINE