I am having trouble loading code into my Mega 2560

Hello,

I am new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated. So I got one of these starter kits with the Mega 2560 microcontroller. I started by downloading Arduino with the library of code- I think that was successful. Then I attempt to load a blink code into the Mega 2560 and got the following error message:

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"
Sketch uses 1,066 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM1": The system cannot find the file specified.
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I went to the website and directed and tried to troubleshoot by checking the tool settings in the board and port to no avail. Please help!

Thanks

Eardnua1

(deleted)

After emailing the distributor and finding them to be little help I troubleshooted it myself. The good new is that I am not getting the same error message when uploading my sketch. Bad new is I am still getting an error message. This time the message reads:

Sketch uses 1,554 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8,183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM3": Access is denied.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

Do you know what this means? Is says something about storage my C drive is 438 gigs and I am only using 100 gigs is this related to the storage on the Arduino?

Could you solve the problem? I have the same problem and I do not know how to solve it