I am new to arduino

Being new to arduino I am working on a project using a servo to control a scanning 3d platform, using the code given to control servo movement and code use in example codes for sweep my servo does not respond. Everything else seems to be working as intended but servo does not advance, any help would be reatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

First thing you've got to understand is WE CAN'T SEE YOUR CODE.

The second: We can't see the wiring...

Lol, was working on uploading that

#include <VarSpeedServo.h> /* Includes library. Download free library here: GitHub - netlabtoolkit/VarSpeedServo: Arduino library for servos that extends the standard servo.h library with the ability to set speed, and wait for position to complete */
VarSpeedServo myservo; // create servo object to control a servo
int in1 = 6; //relay shutter camera
int in2 = 7; //relay servo)

void setup() {

myservo.attach(9); // attaches the servo on pin 9 to the servo object
pinMode(in1, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(in1, HIGH);
pinMode(in2, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(in2, HIGH);

}

void loop() {

//
myservo.write(120, 0); // The Number 120 on the left can be changed to vary speed of the servo.

digitalWrite(in2, LOW);
delay(2000);
digitalWrite(in2, HIGH);
delay(2000);
digitalWrite(in1, LOW);
delay (700);
digitalWrite(in1, HIGH);
delay (3000);
digitalWrite(in2, LOW);
}

This is the coding supplied with the project, i am also using the servo, or trying to use, to servo sweep coding in the arduino examples

That is text, not code. Use code tags.

I cant upload wiring diagram presently

Why am I confused?

I dont know, i havent any coding since completing my electronics engineering course back in the '80's

Have a look at examples for digital input and output and don’t use 0&1as they are used by the usb coms .

Hint “in” !

Draw your circuit on paper and photograph it and upload

circuit wiring is correct

Sorry, can't see it.

Arduino: 1.8.15 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"

sketch_jul04a:11:10: fatal error: Servo: No such file or directory

#include "Servo"

^~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Servo: No such file or directory

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Hi @bobhd3316 !
Please check out this tutorial for very exact information; Arduino With Servo Motors

...but unlike that Destructible, don't power the servo from the Arduino - use a separate power supply, like four AA batteries.

Read this and install the Servo library.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries?setlang=en

True. But, if you use arduino mega 2560, it wont do anything to the board. And servos doesnt relly damage boards

No, it's the current they draw that does the damage.

Ok, so after much research I have determined that I would be better off using a stepper motor for this project instead of a servo. Thanks for all the help guys! It was greatly appreciated, I will keep you updated on my progress wit tis project and how things work out.