I am noob and need help, (dual op amp, transistors, etc)

So, I got an arduino uno and am doing a coop placement involving it, and have never used it before. I have done the basics and looked stuff up, but i seem to be stuck.
My project involves using a DAC to convert digital to analog and graph a sine wave, and it will be based on vibration (so i have a speaker). I have an arduino uno R3 starter kit and have some LM358N dual op amps and 78L12A voltage regulators (which is 12v regulator i believe, i am noob). I have no external power supply.

SO; i somewhat understand the whole difference and output voltage boost of the op amp, but i need help on this. Since i have no external power supply (stuck with 5v) and a 12v regulator, how can i use my dual op amp to boost the voltage to 15v, which then passes through the transistor? Ive tried looking for tutorials, but i am stuck. (pictures of circuits would be amazing)

if you could please also leave me small explanations for the following:

Negative feedback, how to set up the resistors and such
(also, i have used serial communications to see increasing/decreasing voltage values on my computer screen, how could i do this to see boosted voltage from op amp?)
THE MOST VERY BASIC op amp circuits and how they works
How to use an op amp and transistors to dim/brighten a LED using a button (every time it is pushed, it gets brighter/dimmer)
any other information regarding my project that you think would be useful to me!
Thanks! :slight_smile:

If all you have is USB power then everything will have to run off 5V and about 400 mA. No way are you getting 15V and without further information it's hard to understand why you think you need 15V.

When you say "graph a sine wave" what is the output device?

also do not understand, what you want to do? and why do not you put an external 24v, so you can connect sensors and motors etc.
if you need 12v, use LM7812, if need 15v, use the lm7815
if you need several outings use uln2830 12v (2803, 2804) and connect the outputs of the arduino.
but tell you exactly what you want to do that is easier to help you.

johnwasser:
If all you have is USB power then everything will have to run off 5V and about 400 mA. No way are you getting 15V and without further information it's hard to understand why you think you need 15V.

When you say "graph a sine wave" what is the output device?

i apologize profusely for not being clear enough. My project involves digital > analog conversion using a DAC, controlling a platform's vibration. The output for this is a speaker.
However, I also need to graph the acceleration of vibration (y axis) and period (x axis) of the sine wave (representing vibration.) I will eventually be getting an external power supply. I also just recieved an AD420ANZ DAC. My use of the op amp is to either boost/reduce the analog signal to create a sine wave (since its more accurate then PWM), preferably the Sine wave should be displayed on my comp. screen. I hope this is enough, as I am still relatively knew.

MUCH APPRECIATION :smiley: