I can not connect my modem arduino

I can not connect my modem arduino. I'm from Mexico, I just buy a arduino ethernet shield, but I can not configure my arduino correctly. Someone could help me? also do not understand what the client and server, the thing did a page in php, html, javascript and have it on a local server on my pc with apache, I connect this application with my arduino? thanks

I can not connect my modem arduino. I'm from Mexico, I just buy a arduino ethernet shield, but I can not configure my arduino correctly. Someone could help me?

post your code that doesn't work ( - remove passwords of course before posting - use code tags with # button - use CTRL-T before copying (restyling the code)

also do not understand what the client and server, the thing did a page in php, html, javascript and have it on a local server on my pc with apache, I connect this application with my arduino?

And try to tell your problem more accurately, this bunch of questions do not give me a clue of your problem

Have you tried the examples that come with the ethernet library? Or those on the tutorial section?