I can not start the program to create the code.

I downloaded the program Arduino. But the program does not start (if that's what I'm talking about the program for writing code for Arduino itself). Where should I go? I'm just new to this sphere.

Have you followed the instructions , downloaded the correct version ?

Did your computer ever have an older version of the IDE installed? 1.5.x versions left debris behind in C:/Users/(your username)/AppData/Arduino15 (note that appdata is a hidden folder). Delete the Arduino15 folder in that location if so.

Failing that, or if that doesn't apply to you

Open command window in the directory you installed Arduino to and type arduino_debug - it will run in debug mode and print an error that will (hopefully) point towards what the problem is.

I set everything right. And did not install 1.5. arduino_debug does nothing.

DrAzzy: Did your computer ever have an older version of the IDE installed? 1.5.x versions left debris behind in C:/Users/(your username)/AppData/Arduino15 (note that appdata is a hidden folder). Delete the Arduino15 folder in that location if so.

Failing that, or if that doesn't apply to you

Open command window in the directory you installed Arduino to and type arduino_debug - it will run in debug mode and print an error that will (hopefully) point towards what the problem is.

Thank you. I had an issue with arduino editor and it helped to solve it.

My problem was that I accidently zoomed out so that I got an error telling me: "text value can't be less then 0". I tried to zoom in but nothing worked. After closing the IDE I was unable to reopen it... Even after reinstalling the program. Only AFTER deliting Adruino 15 foled, which in my case were @ C:/Users/(your username)/AppData/Local/Arduino15, IDE started.

Hope this might be hapefull for some lost soul.