I cannot use IDE 1.8.0but I have SOME success with IDE 1.0.6

I used Arduino quite a few years ago but had to stop that and many other thing due to a prolonged and serious illness. I am back now but totally confused. I had dozens of scripts on memory sticks and all were running properly with the older IDE. One of my first lines of business after getting better was to return to my beloved Artuino MEGA 2560 so I downloaded the "current" IDE 1.8 and nothing worked. The sketches were not corrupt and I could see nothing wrong, it was just that my programming was not compatible with the latest IDE. So my request is: Can someone show me how I can go through my old files (sketches) and replace the new IDE (1.8) with the older 1.0.6.

But before you call me lamebrain and other such niceties, please consider I am not a programmer and I'm not very well versed in the computer lingo of today. I am almost 80, very visually impaired and have a huge list of other physical problems so please guys, don't offer any life-altering suggestions on the benefits of the latest IDE; just humor me and let me get back in my '37 Ford - - as it were. Thanks much!

dkcomm: Can someone show me how I can go through my old files (sketches) and replace the new IDE (1.8) with the older 1.0.6.

If you run into problems or don't understand the above instructions, come back here with a complete explanation of the trouble and we'll help you out.

FYI, it should be fairly easy to resolve any problems preventing you from using your old code with the modern Arduino IDE versions, but you'd need to provide details. Well, it's up to you, you can always use the old IDE version if you prefer, or even just use the old IDE version only for the code that doesn't work with the new IDE version and the new IDE version for everything else.

Welcome back to the world of Arduino.

Please post error messages that you get.

Welcome back to the world of Arduino.

If you don’t come right with compile or upload, please post error messages that you get.