I cant connect to yún

Helo,

Today, I disable wifi and now i cant connect. I use bridge/serialterminal sketch and i show that wlan0 disapeared and eth not have IP.

The arduino is rebooting constantly.

I try to wireless rst and yun rst.

Regards and thank you very much.

In /etc/rc.local, there is a line that calls wifi_live_or_reset which checks to see if there is a valid WiFi connection, and if not, it returns the WiFi settings to the default configuration (where it acts like an access point) and reboots the processor.

When you disabled the WiFi, did you comment out that line in rc.local?

If it is getting through the whole boot process, and then a minute later it reboots, this could be your problem.

i dont know...

This is de output from IDE arduino Bridge/YunSerialTerminal

root@Arduino:/# cat /etc/rc.local

Put your custom commands here that should be executed once

the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.

wifi-live-or-reset boot-complete-notify

exit 0 root@Arduino:/#

How to solve this problem?

Regards.

I’m assuming you are confirming that the Yun boots normally, but then a minute later it mysteriously reboots?

The SIMPLEST way to stop that with the YunSerialTerminal sketch is to let it boot and get a command prompt, and then issue the command:

mv /etc/rc.local /etc/rc.local.save

And then reset the Yun. Now, with that file renamed like that, it won’t run on startup, and this time it should not automatically reboot.

The long-term downside to that is that it doesn’t do the boot-complete-notify command, so the white LED won’t turn on to say that booting is done. To fix that, once its restarted and stable, log in with SSH (over ethernet, because you disabled the WiFi.) Then first rename the file back to the proper name, then edit the file:

mv /etc/rc.local.save /etc/rc.local
nano /etc/rc.local

I don’t recall if nano is in the default build. If you have a different editor you prefer, use it. Otherwise, you can install nano with:

opkg update
opkg install nano

Now Yún dont reboot!

But, I haven’t conection after move /etc/rc.local

No IP…

Thanks.

EDIT1: Now I have IP. eth1 is the wired interface.

EDIT2: Now I access to arduino.local and I up de wireless.

Thanks you!

Other question. How to change to wlan0 or eth1 conecction without problems?

Captura de pantalla 2015-01-26 a las 22.05.48.png

flyonthewind: No IP...

Thanks.

Hmmm... do I detect a note of sarcasm there? :-X

EDIT2: Now I access to arduino.local and I up de wireless.

Thanks you!

Now, that sounds better!

Other question. How to change to wlan0 or eth1 conecction without problems?

Easiest and safest way is to do it through the advanced configuration web pages that are built into the Yun:

http://arduino.local

Or, using the address from your attached capture:

http://192.168.1.102

Sorry, my english os very bad...

Thanks you very much