I Can't Even Open The Zip File - Not a good sign

Hi - I looked around and found that at least I'm not the only one, but I've tried downloading the software maybe 6-7 times in IE8 and FireFox and each time when I try to unzip, it says it's not a valid archive.

Is it really supposed to be 85MB? Do I need to use something other than WinZip?

Any helpful thoughts? (other than find a new hobby)

Assuming you are downloading the IDE, yes it is approx 85MB. It includes sources, compiler and documentation etc.

What platform are you using? Version?

I used the windows build in zip (windows 7) http://www.7-zip.org/download.html is a nice alternative for winzip.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!

Right now I’m at work running Windows XP. At home I run Windows Vista (64)

I’ll try your recommended WinZip alternative.

And the file that I’m downloading is arduino-0021.zip

As far as I know both XP and Vista have also a build-in ZIP handler. Note: Unzipping 85 MB (with > 5000 files) takes some time.

There are links for googlecode.com and arduino.cc. You might try an alternate server.

Hrumph! I tried the other links and I still have problems. Only 56.? MB of the 85 MB downloads for some reason.

I'll try it on my home computer - it's obviously a problem on my end. Thanks for your suggestions though. I look forward to trying this out soon.

Thank you to those that offered ideas to help. I found the problem. I was trying to download the ZIP file at work and they have some new anti-virus thing running and it didn't like one of the executable files in the ZIP file. Once I tried it at home; Voila!

So, now on to Arduino-ing!