I can't use Arduino common positive to control (rather than common GND)

Hi all

I have a prototype that uses common positive, while the Arduino supports common GND/ common negative.

My prototype is a 3x3x3 led cube with positive end control.

Is there any way to overcome this gap in Arduino ?

Thanks ARG69

There might be if you post your projects schematic. Otherwise it sounds like you are getting your words mixed up.

ARG69: Is there any way to overcome this gap in Arduino ?

What gap are you referring to? (Hint: I think it refers to an unstated assumption in your post.)

Hi, if you want to switch the positive side of your LED array, the arduino can do it with some simple hardware, an optocoupler for a start.
It would depend on LED current.
But as stated in a previous post, a circuit diagram would be very helpful.
A CAD or picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png or pdf format would be fine.

Tom… :slight_smile:

for any multiplexer it is normal to have both sides controlled, for example the rows on positive and the coloms on the negative. if positive is 5 Volt a simple pnp is enough, if voltage higher a pnp and a npn are needed.

while the Arduino supports common GND/ common negative.

Basically that statement is wrong and shows a misunderstanding about the fundamentals of electricity. Now there is no shame in that, everyone has to learn and we are here to help you. So please say what you are thinking, post a schematic and we can put you straight.