I don´t have a serial port /dev/tty.* only a /dev/cu*

HI i´m new here, I just bouhgt the arduino UNO today, I already installed IDE, buy when I trie to select the serial port I only have a /dev/cu* and I don´t know why I don´t have a /dev/tty.*

Please somebody help me I´m stockkk..

I´m running on MAc 10.9

I´m ready updated the FTDI.

Have you installed the drivers? However these are the instructions for Mac OSX Install the Software

Copy the Arduino application into the Applications folder (or elsewhere on your computer). If you're using an Arduino Uno or Mega 2560, you don't have any drivers to install. Skip ahead to the next step.

If you're using an older board (Duemilanove, Diecimila, or any board with an FTDI driver chip.

You will need to install the drivers for the FTDI chip on the board. You need to download the latest version of the drivers from the FTDI website. One downloaded, double click the package, and follow the instructions in the installer. You'll need to restart your computer after installing the drivers.

Check if it works for 10.9.

I already updated the FTDI and and restarted the computer and i´m still not looking the /dev/tty.* port, i don´t know what more to do, i have the last version of IDE. I have the Arduino UNO

Me too and I'm not new to Arduino - been using it for a couple of years. Downloaded and installed 1.6.4 and all of a sudden I'm getting the same problem - no "/dev/tty.usbmodem621" or anything like it. Updates used to be so straightforward - had nothing but problems this year with updates.

In 1.6.4 it doesn’t show the /dev/tty… versions, only the /dev/cu… versions which appear to act identically.

/dev/cu.usbmodemXXXX is the correct port on Mac OS X. For example on my MacBook the Arduino UNO shows up as
/dev/cu.usbmodem1451 or /dev/cu.usbmodem1411 depending on if it’s connected to the right USB port or the left one.

Thanks John - went back and worked from the beginning including changing the USB cable that I have used for at least a year - guess what - fixed?!?! :confused: