i don't know what i'm doing

i used code made by someone else and simply copied and paste it all. its for a school project and we were never taught how to code. it wont let me run the program so i don’t need help i just want someone to fix it for me. thank you. the code is too big to paste here so it’ll be an attachment

amazing_bojo_robo1.ino (8.52 KB)

i don't need help

OK. We won't give you any.

i just want someone to fix it for me.

Not likely.

it wont let me run the program

What won't? Why won't it?

You can NOT have executable code outside of a function.

The 'fix it for me' forum that you are looking for is Gigs and Collaborations
Go there and post your request. Once you and your helper agree on how much you will pay, then you can move forward with getting the code written for you.

int first_led_pin = 7;
pinMode(first_led_pin, OUTPUT);  // move this to setup()

#define PIN_BUTTON 2

The only real error is the pinMode statement, there (it is outside of a function). Move the pinMode to setup() and the code compiles with some warnings that should be addressed eventually. Whether or not the code does what you want, I don't know.

groundFungus:

int first_led_pin = 7;

pinMode(first_led_pin, OUTPUT);  // move this to setup()

#define PIN_BUTTON 2

The only real error is the pinMode statement, there (it is outside of a function). Move the pinMode to setup() and the code compiles with some warnings that should be addressed eventually. Whether or not the code does what you want, I don't know.

Apparently, he wants to cheat on this school project by presenting someone else's work as his own.

I refuse to believe that they were not taught how to program.
More like he did not bother to pay attention in class thinking he was going to copy and paste his way to an A.

Or maybe it was something they were supposed to study on their own. The best teachers don’t spoon feed it all to you.

I see. I am to refrain from answering questions posed by students and instead refer them to Gigs and Collaborations where they will be forced to pay for help.

Here is the code. I don’t know what else is wrong but no longer errors in compilation. Also as stated above the forum is no quite the right place for this. If you need more help don’t use the forum just PM me. Gigs and Collaborations looks like it costs money.

amazing_bojo_robo1.ino (8.53 KB)

groundFungus:
I see. I am to refrain from answering questions posed by students and instead refer them to Gigs and Collaborations where they will be forced to pay for help.

No, that's not it. You can help them. But don't just do it for them. If you do it for them you're part of the problem. That's what makes kids think that the answer to homework is to get some loser on an Internet forum to do it for them. Then they graduate and wonder why they can't find gainful employment and you've set them up for a life of failure because you did all their work for them.

Big difference between help me and do it for me.

NoraTheDoggo:
If you need more help don't use the forum just PM me.

Fine and dandy for you, but most of us refuse to answer questions submitted in PM.

NoraTheDoggo:
Gigs and Collaborations looks like it costs money.

It is for commercial projects.

NoraTheDoggo:
Here is the code. I don't know what else is wrong but no longer errors in compilation. Also as stated above the forum is no quite the right place for this. If you need more help don't use the forum just PM me. Gigs and Collaborations looks like it costs money.

Ok, so here's another one that is trying to subvert the forum. Just PM him and he will do all your homework for you. I will start sending all the do my homework for me posts to you. And when I get these applicants that can't find their ass with both hands I'll tell them to call you for a job.

Loser? Was that necessary? I do get your point and will retire my spoon.

Delta_G:
No, that's not it. You can help them. But don't just do it for them.

The OP's attitude I just want someone to fix it for me is a pathetic one and one I refuse to assist.

groundFungus:
Loser? Was that necessary? I do get your point and will retire my spoon.

Sorry, I meant to imply that was the OP's idea of who they are asking. In their eyes you're just some loser to do their work for them. They're far too important in their own eyes to spend any of their own time or effort. That's what you're for.

Now jump to it and get this homework done before it's too late to turn it in.

Delta_G:
Ok, so here's another one that is trying to subvert the forum. Just PM him and he will do all your homework for you. I will start sending all the do my homework for me posts to you. And when I get these applicants that can't find their ass with both hands I'll tell them to call you for a job.

It just seemed as though forums get messy, and I could have asked him more in depth questions about what the code is supposed to do. Then I could help him work thought it.

NoraTheDoggo:
It just seemed as though forums get messy, and I could have asked him more in depth questions about what the code is supposed to do. Then I could help him work thought it.

A while back I helped a poster with a program problem, using PM messages. For that I got kicked off the forum for a week or so. Could happen to others!

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
A while back I helped a poster with a program problem, using PM messages. For that I got kicked off the forum for a week or so. Could happen to others!

Paul

Do the moderators read our PMs here? Or did the poster you were helping report you for some reason?

Paul_KD7HB:

Paul

If you can't PM about that, what else would a PM service be of use for?

PM is for personal messages. Personal things. Like friendly messages about meeting for dinner or some off topic personal private discussion. When you do code help off the forum you rob all the future users of any possibility of learning from what happened. This is about sharing.

You also make yourself the goto for that poster. Believe me, the first time you have to deal with one who just absolutely doesn't get it and just keeps sending you code and error messages you'll regret deciding to do code help over PM.