I fried my arduino and rfid reader

And now im sad :frowning:

I fried my Due’s DAC0, and now I’m mad (at myself).

nixie:
I fried my Due's DAC0, and now I'm mad (at myself).

nixie:
I fried my Due's DAC0, and now I'm mad (at myself).

Sounds like you fried more than me

What happened?

ardly:
What happened?

I was trying to use a motor controller and it seemed that it just wouldn't run. I'm using about 19 volts. Sometimes the motor would turn just a little bit, sometimes it wouldn't. I tried running it off of the Arduino to see if that would make a difference. A smaller motor did turn at least once for half a second. Then I attach the 19 volt. The Arduino was still attached at the time

I had a perfectly working amp/level shifter for the DAC outputs on breadboard. I copied that over to a PCB, but failed to follow the cardinal rule of inspecting/checking before applying power. I was tired, in a hurry to finish, and I said to myself "It'll work fine!".

Well it didn't. A tiny strand of wire shorted an op-amp o/p (+/- 5v) directly to i/p, which was the DAC, bypassing the protection resistor I had placed to protect the DAC.

That was a week ago, but I'm still mad (at me).

nixie:
I had a perfectly working amp/level shifter for the DAC outputs on breadboard. I copied that over to a PCB, but failed to follow the cardinal rule of inspecting/checking before applying power. I was tired, in a hurry to finish, and I said to myself "It'll work fine!".

Well it didn't. A tiny strand of wire shorted an op-amp o/p (+/- 5v) directly to i/p, which was the DAC, bypassing the protection resistor I had placed to protect the DAC.

That was a week ago, but I'm still mad (at me).

Accidentally bypassing a safety. Ouch that must hurt.