I got 3 ATmega1284P-PU chips. How can i make arduino on breadboard.

HI

i got 3 ATmega1284P chips. how can i make an arduino type setup on breadboard.

to programe this IC what all things required.i have

one USBasp programmer
two Arduino with 328-PU

regards,Ben

See reply number 1

HI

thanks for the replay.

my crystal is around 15.5 MHZ. Is that will work with my MCU .?

my crystal is around 15.5 MHZ. Is that will work with my MCU .?

Not with the Arduino code (timing of delay() and etc would be off; it has some flexibility, but doesn't support ALL clock speeds.) You'd be better of setting the fuses to use the internal clock at 8MHz.

westfw:
Not with the Arduino code (timing of delay() and etc would be off; it has some flexibility, but doesn't support ALL clock speeds.) You'd be better of setting the fuses to use the internal clock at 8MHz.

Considering the price of 16 MHz crystals on eBay, I think - at least given the couple of weeks it takes for the China mail, that your longer term priority should be to spend a couple of dollars and order a dozen 16 mHz crystals (and some 22 pF capacitors).

Thanks all for your replay

the thing is i cam kuwait and these china items will not reach here . i have some bad experience alreay and i lost nearly 20 KD(USD 69) shipments somewhere. and the shipper dosen't know where it reached.

here arduino itself will cost around 35 USD locally. that is the reason i thought of create myown. bcoz i got atmel free samples here.

Regards,
Ben

Well, for a US dollar a time, I reckon it might just be worth a few tries!

(Can't imagine why the postal workers would bother stealing crystals!)

no they are not stealing them actually.

i am an indian staying is kuwait. i know the customs clearance is the problem.

they will decide as they like. and these kuwaities dosent have brain.

Can't you query them with customs?

bentech4u:
no they are not stealing them actually. ... they will decide as they like. and these kuwaities doesn't have brain.

Same thing.

I would suggest ordering one or two (or three) for 1 US$ a time - on different dates - including postage, and see what happens.

Try Nick Gammon's bootload installer sketch as well, supports 1284 chips.

Maybe try taydaelectronics for parts too:
Thailand vs China

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/capacitors/ceramic-disc-capacitors/10-x-0-1uf-50v-ceramic-disc-capacitor-pkg-of-37.html

HI

can i flash bootloader by using USBAsp programmer .?

regards,
Ben

Yes.
Maybe this will be helpful:

HI

i was searching for a USB to serial converter then i got this link

http://reprap.org/wiki/Gen7_ExtensionBoard_USB_B_1.0#PCBs

and the circuit is : Generation_7_Electronics/ExtensionBoard-USB-B 1.0 Schematic.pdf at ExtensionBoard-USB-B-1.0 · Traumflug/Generation_7_Electronics · GitHub

can i use this one insted of FTDI connector?

Why don't you buy on ebay e.g.:

Cost is less than the price of ftdi chip and free shipping. This specific seller is reliable. Just delivery time is little bit long, about 3 weeks.

Have you seen this page which I have used successfully.

...R

bentech4u:
i was searching for a USB to serial converter then i got this link ... can i use this one instead of FTDI connector?

You probably can, but it seems gross overkill.

Budvar10:
Why don't you buy on ebay e.g.
Cost is less than the price of FTDI chip and free shipping. This specific seller is reliable. Just delivery time is little bit long, about 3 weeks.

He seems to be inordinately wary of eBay due to bad experiences with customs or the mail randomly snaffling stuff. I have suggested that the stuff is so cheap that even a 60% loss would not matter much but ...