I hate it when...

I get everything screwed in to the board that the 'ino is nearly soldered to and forgot to put a safe sketch on it so I wouldn't drive 5v into a closed reed. I wish there was a button to allow it to upload but prevent any execution!

Case sensitivity is so CRITICAL here, and yet the tuturial has "string" under a heading clearly marked "String". WOAH! Sorry, I need a C++/Arduino for VBA dummies book. Might as well be using FORTRAN.

mattlogue:
I get everything screwed in to the board that the 'ino is nearly soldered to and forgot to put a safe sketch on it so I wouldn't drive 5v into a closed reed. I wish there was a button to allow it to upload but prevent any execution!

Place a 220Ω in series with every pin.

220 for each pin sounds like the training wheels I could use!!!! Since when was that popular... hmm RRBrGold? Yeah. I got some. If I could only get those ~30ga leads down throuh the hole and snug into the female head(er) screw thingy I got, i'd be jake. Hoewever bell wire I have en masse and that 28ga rattles around like the header was pregnant and she wasn't.

I hate it when I use the wrong name for a product - :slight_smile: