I have down loaded the IDE 3 times and am trying to find the libraies, not there

I have been trying to get this Arduino Uno going and I would like to just use some of the sketches already done instead of reinventing the wheel, but I have no acess to the libaries as they are all empty, and when I try to use the load libaries the arduino program keeps looking on my hard disk for them and they are not there. I am getting realy frustrated with this thing can anyone help?

Can you please elaborate a bit as to what project you are trying to run. Please let me know the OS you are using as well.

I am trying to get a stepper motor to run using "Knob" and I have the parts gust no luck with the sketch

@segg3060, use Reply instead of Report to Moderator.

Reported by segg3060 on Today at 09:57 pm. They left the following message:

I have a windows 7 laptop that I 1st loaded the program from this site with the windows loader, then my new Arduino Uno I got from Amazon came in and the sticker on the chip said goto Arduino.org and down load there, and I did.

Reported by segg3060 on Today at 10:00 pm. They left the following message:

windows 7

I have a windows 7 laptop to run this on, and have loaded the windows loader from two different site this one and ardouin.org I have uninstalled the program and reran it to no avail when I go to the libraries I see all the titles but they are all empty, and there is no llibrary maneger eather as in the example. :(

okey

segg3060: I am trying to get a stepper motor to run using "Knob" and I have the parts gust no luck with the sketch

A sketch to do what you are describing can be usually found in the IDE by selecting: File --> Examples --> Stepper --> Motorknob.

Are you able to find that?