I have problem compiling for first time

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows Vista), Board: “Arduino Uno”

Build options changed, rebuilding allC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -Wextra -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\viv\AppData\Local\Temp\build6527753312236835311.tmp\sketch_jun24a.cpp -o C:\Users\viv\AppData\Local\Temp\build6527753312236835311.tmp\sketch_jun24a.cpp.o avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
Error compiling.

as of today here is compiler’s error of “Blink”

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows Vista), Board: “Arduino Uno”

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -Wextra -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\viv\AppData\Local\Temp\build6527753312236835311.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\viv\AppData\Local\Temp\build6527753312236835311.tmp\Blink.cpp.o avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
Error compiling.

errors arduino.txt (3.62 KB)

I installed driver before that .. CH341SER

A bunch of people have had IDE 1.6.x problems, including IDE crashes and bizarre compile errors, when they have an old 1.5.x installation. Those problems seem to be caused by out-of-date executables that the new IDE saves outside the IDE installation directory. In such cases it appears that the fix is to delete or rename the old "Arduino15" directory and re-install 1.6.x.

On Mac OS X: /Users/username/Library/Arduino15

On Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15

As a Newbie I do not have old 1.5.x.

I used the latest Arduino.exe as the printout shows, 1.6.5

I am also having problems with IDE 1.6.4 I don't have any other version of the software installed and I have been trying to compile a sketch now for the last 1/2 hour with the compiling bar at 1/3 scale.

I have uninstalled IDE and reinstalled with no luck. Now downloading arduino-0020.zip to see if that makes a difference.

Adrian

Please double check your antivirus is not blocking/quarantining the IDE files. We had reports of false positives (file recognized as infected while they are clean), especially from Avira

Considered the antivirus being a problem. I it disabled and still no go. Even disabled the Malaware program still no compile. Moved to another pc and no problem. Original PC is running win7 8gig Ram and a 2.3GHz cpu. 2nd PC is a MacBook pro works with no problem.

Adrian