I have problem..easyVRshield3.0 with arduino

I bought a easyVRshield 3.0

so i connected com and arduino uno

I did manual list (attached link)

http://roboholic1.godo.co.kr/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=1298&inflow=naver&NaPm=ct%3Dij5i1iq0|ci%3D18e1e4cc64fcbc8cddd0a23262850b432236bb73|tr%3Dsls|sn%3D188145|hk%3D32982ce65d195bab15d91dae284f9d65c4ae47b2

so if i will do good , i should not get “Bridge not started!”

but

i got “Bridge not started!”

how can i solve this problem ?

#include "Arduino.h"
#if !defined(SERIAL_PORT_MONITOR)
  #error "Arduino version not supported. Please update your IDE to the latest version."
#endif

#if defined(SERIAL_PORT_USBVIRTUAL)
  // Shield Jumper on HW (for Leonardo and Due)
  #define port SERIAL_PORT_HARDWARE
  #define pcSerial SERIAL_PORT_USBVIRTUAL
#else
  // Shield Jumper on SW (using pins 12/13 or 8/9 as RX/TX)
  #include "SoftwareSerial.h"
  SoftwareSerial port(12, 13);
  #define pcSerial SERIAL_PORT_MONITOR
#endif

#include "EasyVR.h"

EasyVR easyvr(port);

//Groups and Commands

enum Groups
{
  GROUP_0  = 0,
  GROUP_1  = 1,
};

enum Group0
{
  G0_SERI = 0,
};

enum Group1
{
  G1_LEDON = 0,
  G1_LEDOFF = 1,
};

int8_t group, idx;

void setup()
{
  // setup PC serial port
  pcSerial.begin(9600);

// bridge mode?
  int mode = easyvr.bridgeRequested(pcSerial);
  switch (mode)
  {
  case EasyVR::BRIDGE_NONE:
    // setup EasyVR serial port
    port.begin(9600);
    // run normally
    pcSerial.println(F("---"));
    pcSerial.println(F("Bridge not started!"));
    break;

case EasyVR::BRIDGE_NORMAL:
    // setup EasyVR serial port (low speed)
    port.begin(9600);
    // soft-connect the two serial ports (PC and EasyVR)
    easyvr.bridgeLoop(pcSerial);
    // resume normally if aborted
    pcSerial.println(F("Bridge connection aborted!"));
    break;

case EasyVR::BRIDGE_BOOT:
    // setup EasyVR serial port (high speed)
    port.begin(115200);
    // soft-connect the two serial ports (PC and EasyVR)
    easyvr.bridgeLoop(pcSerial);
    // resume normally if aborted
    pcSerial.println(F("Bridge connection aborted!"));
    break;
  }

while (!easyvr.detect())
  {
    Serial.println("EasyVR not detected!");
    delay(1000);
  }

easyvr.setPinOutput(EasyVR::IO1, LOW);
  Serial.println("EasyVR detected!");
  easyvr.setTimeout(5);
//�L :  easyvr.setLanguage(%1!d!);

group = EasyVR::TRIGGER; //<-- start group (customize)
}

void action();

void loop()
{
  easyvr.setPinOutput(EasyVR::IO1, HIGH); // LED on (listening)

Serial.print("Say a command in Group ");
  Serial.println(group);
  easyvr.recognizeCommand(group);

do
  {
    // can do some processing while waiting for a spoken command
  }
  while (!easyvr.hasFinished());

easyvr.setPinOutput(EasyVR::IO1, LOW); // LED off

idx = easyvr.getWord();
  if (idx >= 0)
  {
    // built-in trigger (ROBOT)
    // group = GROUP_X; <-- jump to another group X
    return;
  }
  idx = easyvr.getCommand();
  if (idx >= 0)
  {
    // print debug message
    uint8_t train = 0;
    char name[32];
    Serial.print("Command: ");
    Serial.print(idx);
    if (easyvr.dumpCommand(group, idx, name, train))
    {
      Serial.print(" = ");
      Serial.println(name);
    }
    else
      Serial.println();
    easyvr.playSound(0, EasyVR::VOL_FULL);
    // perform some action
    action();
  }
  else // errors or timeout
  {
    if (easyvr.isTimeout())
      Serial.println("Timed out, try again...");
    int16_t err = easyvr.getError();
    if (err >= 0)
    {
      Serial.print("Error ");
      Serial.println(err, HEX);
    }
  }
}

void action()
{
    switch (group)
    {
case GROUP_0:
      switch (idx)
      {
      case G0_SERI:
        // write your action code here
          group = GROUP_1; //&amp;lt;-- or jump to another group X for composite commands
        break;
      }
      break;
    case GROUP_1:
      switch (idx)
      {
      case G1_LEDON:
        group = GROUP_0; //&amp;lt;-- or jump to another group X for composite commands

digitalWrite(12, HIGH);   // set the LED on

break;
      case G1_LEDOFF:
        group = GROUP_0; //&amp;lt;-- or jump to another group X for composite commands
        digitalWrite(12, LOW);    // set the LED off

break;
      }
      break;
    }

Please post your code here. The screen shots are meaningless.

UKHeliBob:
Please post your code here. The screen shots are meaningless.

okay i attached code.txt

this is just EasyVR test library from arduino.cc

seunghunjang: okay i attached code.txt

Don't attach your code as a text file. "Post" it in a reply, properly formatted and placed between code tags.

If you don't know what I mean, read item #7 here:- How to use this forum

In fact, it's a good idea to read the whole thing. (I think it should be mandatory.)

Edit: One of the images you attached shows instructions for jumper setting "With Arduino Leonardo - Due. (Native USB port)" saying to place the jumper in the "HW" position to test the shield with Arduino. (The fact that you attached this image implies that you placed the jumper in this position.)

When I look at the manual, there is an instruction further down for jumper setting "With Arduino 2009 - UNO - Mega" which says to place the jumper in the "SW" position to test the shield with Arduino. Since you're using a UNO, have you tried this?

If you want to insert the uploaded images, you can follow the directions here.

I think this would likely increase the number of people trying to help you (not that you'll need it since it looks like OldSteve has things covered).

DuaneDegn: I think this would likely increase the number of people trying to help you (not that you'll need it since it looks like OldSteve has things covered).

Thanks for the vote of confidence Duane, but the more the merrier. I've never used the EasyVR shield, (not yet anyway), whereas you have.

But now when I do have a play with one, I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing, having already read the manual. ;)

@seunghunjang, have you got it working yet?

Please read the stickies in this forum. Please post your code properly with code tags.

Please link to the hardware you're using.

We need to know what kind of Arduino you're using and how you have the jumpers set on the EasyVR shield.

Edit: Drat! A cross-post! Don't cross-post! It wastes our time.

@seunghunjang, do not cross-post. Threads merged.

@seunghunjang, why didn't you just reply to my question regarding the jumper in this thread, rather than start a new one?

And you were already told that you must post your code using code tags, so there was no excuse for posting it inline. You're going about things the right way to get no help whatsoever.

OldSteve: Don't attach your code as a text file. "Post" it in a reply, properly formatted and placed between code tags.

If you don't know what I mean, read item #7 here:- How to use this forum

In fact, it's a good idea to read the whole thing. (I think it should be mandatory.)

Edit: One of the images you attached shows instructions for jumper setting "With Arduino Leonardo - Due. (Native USB port)" saying to place the jumper in the "HW" position to test the shield with Arduino. (The fact that you attached this image implies that you placed the jumper in this position.)

When I look at the manual, there is an instruction further down for jumper setting "With Arduino 2009 - UNO - Mega" which says to place the jumper in the "SW" position to test the shield with Arduino. Since you're using a UNO, have you tried this?

yes !! I have UNO. I tried it !!

OldSteve: Thanks for the vote of confidence Duane, but the more the merrier. I've never used the EasyVR shield, (not yet anyway), whereas you have.

But now when I do have a play with one, I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing, having already read the manual. ;)

@seunghunjang, have you got it working yet?

I'm solving that problem..

it'`s very hard..

sorry I'm beginner..

DuaneDegn: Please read the stickies in this forum. Please post your code properly with code tags.

Please link to the hardware you're using.

We need to know what kind of Arduino you're using and how you have the jumpers set on the EasyVR shield.

Edit: Drat! A cross-post! Don't cross-post! It wastes our time.

sorry...

I forgot this...

really really sorry..

I edited post...

OldSteve: @seunghunjang, why didn't you just reply to my question regarding the jumper in this thread, rather than start a new one?

And you were already told that you must post your code using code tags, so there was no excuse for posting it inline. You're going about things the right way to get no help whatsoever.

sorry

I just forgot editing..

sorry because of beginner...

I edited posting

I did it about your posting

but

now I got that problem message ( "Bridge not started")

Weren’t you previously getting a different error message: “EasyVR not detected!”

And now when I look at your opening post I see: “Bridge not started”.

Am I correct? Did you edit your post and change the error message, or is my memory failing?
(This could be an important clue to the cause of your problem.

OldSteve:
Weren’t you previously getting a different error message: “EasyVR not detected!”

And now when I look at your opening post I see: “Bridge not started”.

Am I correct? Did you edit your post and change the error message, or is my memory failing?
(This could be an important clue to the cause of your problem.

exactly. “EasyVR not detected” problem is solved

I just did brazing EasyVRpins

I thank just pin connect to easyVRshiled with arduino uno

but It’s not

I should braze pins EasyVRshield

and next step

I watch serial monitor

another problem

“bridge not started”

Are you sure "Bridge not started" is an error and not just an informative message? From what I've just read in the manual, the 'bridge' is for boards with a native USB interface, (which the UNO doesn't have):-

Supports direct connection to the PC on main boards with a separate USB/Serial chip and a special software-driven “bridge” mode on boards with only native USB interface, for easy access by the EasyVR Commander

So, I suspect that things are operating as they should.

Anyway, not having used an EasyVR shield, it's beyond me to say for sure, so I'll leave it to someone who's actually used one to help further if it's needed.

(And it wasn't a good idea to edit your original post changing the error etc. You should have just mentioned it in a later post, rather than add confusion to an already-confusing thread.)

The last time I tried to help someone with one of these EasyVR Shields, the problem ended up being caused by a poor solder joint.

Could you please post a clear picture of the soldering on the shield. Also include a picture of how the jumpers are configured.

To insert an image you've uploaded, you can follow these instructions. If you're not sure how to insert the image, it's fine to just attach them and one of us can insert the images inline.

As Steve points out, it's very confusing if you edit the content of your earlier posts. Edits should only be made to fix spelling or grammar errors, add code tags or insert images inline.

If you add content to an earlier post you should indicate it has been added by using the word "Edit" or some similar indicator identifying the new material.

DuaneDegn: The last time I tried to help someone with one of these EasyVR Shields, the problem ended up being caused by a poor solder joint.

Could you please post a clear picture of the soldering on the shield. Also include a picture of how the jumpers are configured.

To insert an image you've uploaded, you can follow these instructions. If you're not sure how to insert the image, it's fine to just attach them and one of us can insert the images inline.

As Steve points out, it's very confusing if you edit the content of your earlier posts. Edits should only be made to fix spelling or grammar errors, add code tags or insert images inline.

If you add content to an earlier post you should indicate it has been added by using the word "Edit" or some similar indicator identifying the new material.

Thanks for helping with this one Duane. I was feeling a bit out of my depth, not having used an EasyVR shield yet.

OldSteve: Are you sure "Bridge not started" is an error and not just an informative message? From what I've just read in the manual, the 'bridge' is for boards with a native USB interface, (which the UNO doesn't have):- So, I suspect that things are operating as they should.

Anyway, not having used an EasyVR shield, it's beyond me to say for sure, so I'll leave it to someone who's actually used one to help further if it's needed.

(And it wasn't a good idea to edit your original post changing the error etc. You should have just mentioned it in a later post, rather than add confusion to an already-confusing thread.)

oh !!!

that`s right

bridge is just informative message

my error problem is just code

I solved problem

thk u !!

PS: Sorry about editing my original post..

I do not that again sorry

seunghunjang: oh !!!

that`s right

bridge is just informative message

my error problem is just code

I solved problem

thk u !!

PS: Sorry about editing my original post..

I do not that again sorry

All's well that ends well. Glad you got it sorted out.

The lesson - always read the documentation thoroughly. :)