I have proplem with windows 8.1

I have proplem with windows 8.1 :

i can't install the board in the device manger ;
although it works good in windows 7

how can i solve this problem?

Stick with Win7.
Win8 just further "clownification" of the OS in my opinion.
I returned a win8 laptop and got one with win7 pro instead.

for installing Arduino UNO R3 on windows 8.1

Go to Device manager and find the arduino (it should shown as an unknown device) and do the following:

Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software ->
Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Modems -> Compaq -> Ricochet Wireless USB Modem

at the Properties tab
Modem Tab -> Maximum Port Speed -> 9600
Also verify the port on which is connected (ex COM3 or COM4) is at the top of the tab
Advanced Tab -> Advanced Port Settings -> uncheck: Use FIFO buffers

This should work

thanxs solved it but now i have other problem

ir remote

i cann't establish it this message appaer:
Arduino: 1.5.5 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp:13:
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote/IRremoteInt.h:87: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote/IRremoteInt.h:88: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote/IRremoteInt.h:89: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote/IRremoteInt.h:92: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::mark(int)':
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp:173: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::space(int)':
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp:181: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::enableIROut(int)':
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp:200: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp:200: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp:201: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Mohamed ELnahas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp:201: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope
and more