I have som qurstions about Simulink and Arduino.

Hey.

MATLAB has released a support for Arduino. So you can both use the Arduino with MATLAB or Simulink.

Therefore, I have a few questions about Simulink with controll engeneering.

First: Do Simulink converts control block to machine code that is burned to arduinon but I need to write C code?

Second: Can I add a library so I can use the keypad when to put a setpoint or LCD when you want to see actual value? Type if I get a request or if I get the information.

Third: Can I have a communication between two different or equal microcontroller if these are regulated by Simulink? Like a microcontroller tells the other microcontroller it's OK to run the process.

4th Can you run the microcontroller "barebones", ie only barebones with classic set(16 mhz crystall, 22p capcaitors, 10 kOhm pull up resistor) after you have burned over the block diagram using Simulink to Arduino?

Thanks for theese programming questions.

First: Do Simulink converts control block to machine code that is burned to arduinon but I need to write C code?

Shouldn't you be asking Simulink that?

Second: Can I add a library so I can use the keypad when to put a setpoint or LCD when you want to see actual value? Type if I get a request or if I get the information.

Third: Can I have a communication between two different or equal microcontroller if these are regulated by Simulink? Like a microcontroller tells the other microcontroller it's OK to run the process.

What does Simulink have to do with that?

4th Can you run the microcontroller "barebones", ie only barebones with classic set(16 mhz crystall, 22p capcaitors, 10 kOhm pull up resistor) after you have burned over the block diagram using Simulink to Arduino?

I have no idea what this means.

PaulS:

Why not with the arduino users?

What does Simulink have to do with that?

I wonder if Simulink can add a library like numpad or LCD for Arduino.

I have no idea what this means.

[/quote]

I mean if you can unplug the ATmega from the UNO card and run the ATmega standalone after you have burn the block sketch from Simulink.

Because you are not asking questions about Arduino.

You can ask, but it seems very few people here have used the MATLAB/Arduino interface. Do not go away mad if you don't get an answer. Believe it or not, PaulS was being helpful.

Okej. Thank you all :)