I just can´t use any Arduino with IDE for Mac

Hi everybody, I'm writting this because I changed from windows to Mac a few days ago. I've been using arduino for more than 4 years and I've never had trouble until now.
Right now I'm working with Arduino and figured out that I just can´t upload any sketch to my Arduino on Mac, I have tried with a nano, a uno, a Mega 2560 an none of them is recognized. I have followed a lot of instructions from a lot of different forums (installing drivers, some from respectable pages, others from dubious pages, erasing old drivers, reinstalling the IDE, ) but I just can´t get thins done. I have tried using bootcamp (W10) and installing the IDE or using Parallels desktop and the IDE just don't recognize my boards. I have used my old computer and the IDE works flawlessly, nevertheless that computer is not freely available for me now so I need to figure out how to solve this. I'm trying to work on a MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2016. The one with only USB type-C connectors. I'm getting desperate, I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. So any comment would be appreciated. The only things that appear under the boards menu from the tools tab are /dev/ cu. SOC,, /dev&cu.MALS, and /dev/soc. Bluetooth things. I have tried using the arduino connected directly to the USB-C dangle or in a c multi USB hub and both give the same results. Thanks for paying attention to this and happy coding, (I mean, if you can)

I suspect the USB type-C connector is your problem.

I don't understand why it is such a big deal to get a hold of a PC to do your work.
You can get a decent used laptop from Dell Outlet.

I think the issue would be more about USB 3 vs USB 2.0 rather than the connector type. USB 3 has been reported to cause problems like this. You could try using a USB 2.0 hub to convert to 2.0.

pert:
I think the issue would be more about USB 3 vs USB 2.0 rather than the connector type. USB 3 has been reported to cause problems like this. You could try using a USB 2.0 hub to convert to 2.0.

But USB-type C are USB 3.1 !

ieee488:
I suspect the USB type-C connector is your problem.

I don't understand why it is such a big deal to get a hold of a PC to do your work.
You can get a decent used laptop from Dell Outlet.

I had a PC and I would like to continue using it nevertheless I need to program for iOS so a Mac is needed.
I do miss my PC.

pert:

I have already done that and nothing happens. The IDE just doesn't recognize my board. Today I tried with a new PC and it happens the same. The only PC recognizing my boards is the machine I was using before. Could it be the new version of the IDE?

vicgig90:
Could it be the new version of the IDE?

How about you try it and tell us?

I have tried the latest IDE 1.8.5. But it remains the same. I tried with different cables an nothing happens. This is very annoying. Anyone has had the same issue? I found a guy complaining about the same issue here in the forum but I think his post is kinda an advertising for the company that sells the customized drivers.

ieee488:
How about you try it and tell us?