I need a component which move (slide) on a metal rod

basically want to make a box with a locked compartment. Using capacitive touch sensors I created a touchpad. With the right combination, arduino moves some servos and opens the doors of the box. I need some kind of rail system to make the doors move smoothly.I need a piece of component which wraps around a metal rod and moves on it. I need it to make a rail system. I cant seem to find anything related, any advices?

something like the black plastic part in the photos.

Do you mean, a "linear actuator"?

Look at devices such as 3D printers, those commonly use rails to move the print head.

could be "linear rail" you are looking for?

Any old printer will have linear rails with the motor already attached. And old printers are usually free.

the name suits. ı want to attach a small wooden piece to the linear rail. Do you know anywhere wher ı can find a rail?

No, but an linear actuator is option b.

Rails are too expensive and big :frowning:

There are linear bearings that slide easily and smoothly on polished shafts. Some even are ball bearing types. Then you may consider a threaded rod that rotates to move a shuttle.

Where does the Arduino fit into your project?
Paul

I use it to control the movement of the wooden piece

Thank you and please continue with the description.
Paul

I dont know why Im being interrogated but I basically want to make a box with a locked compartment. Using capacitive touch sensors I created a touchpad. With the right combination, arduino moves some servos and opens the doors of the box. I need some kind of rail system to make the doors move smoothly.

Then you need to say how much you expect it to cost and what size it should be!
[edit]
What you're asking for could be as simple as a slab of HDPE with two holes bored through it.

If you had begun the thread with this description of what you are building and what it does and what you need suggestions for, then there would have been less interrogation.
Paul

Hello.Can you use a linear gear?

Because your initial description is ambiguous. We are trying to help but we are just shooting in the dark. If we know what you are actually trying to do it would help. We only know what you have told us.

You seem to be asking for something that moves along a rail with no other connection to anything else. A rail is basically there to restrict the movement not to crawl along. You need something else to supply the push or pull.
If you really want something to crawl along a rail you are going to have to make something, this is not a normal component. The photos you have posted are just the bits that move something along a rail, these bits by themselves do not provide any motive power.

Ah, I did not see the pictures earlier. That would have has a rod with a spiral groove on the side opposite the rail to drive it back and forth.

I suggest looking for delrin bushings or teflon bushings.

They should slide as smooth as anything short of bearings.

I agree. Stay away from nylon as it is unstable with humidity changes. Many printers I have disassembled use injection molded ABS plastic. Ream the bushings to fit your rod.
Paul