I need fastest clock than my MEGA2560

Hi guys I would to know if I can switch from my actual MEGA2560 to an Arduino 2.

My main problem is that I read a lot about various issues about 5v/3.3v voltages…

I attached my project wires schema.

You can notice I am using:

A) 1 x Adafruit 16ch servo driver
B) 4 x Force sensors
C) 14 x Servo 10kg torque
D) 1 x MPU6050 Gyro/Accellerometer
E) 1 x Level shifter
F) 1 x LIDAR Laser

Ok, using my MEGA2560 I have all ready and running good but I need just more clock speed!

So I notice Arduino 2 is the right board when you need more clock speed but now the fatal question:

Can I use all my actual devices? Can I use my actual sketch code?
I really need more speed.

Thank you in advance.

What is Arduino 2?
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Products

The Arduino Due runs on a higher clock frequency, but at 3.3V. Check the operating voltage of your shields and modules, and search for 3.3V replacements.

You need level shifters on the 5V devices and you need to remove the level shifters from the 3V3 devices. Then it should work.

CrossRoads:
What is Arduino 2?
Arduino - Products

Ops sorry :slight_smile: In italian 2 is due

Grumpy_Mike:
You need level shifters on the 5V devices and you need to remove the level shifters from the 3V3 devices. Then it should work.

mmmm can you explain me better?

DrDiettrich:
The Arduino Due runs on a higher clock frequency, but at 3.3V. Check the operating voltage of your shields and modules, and search for 3.3V replacements.

Can't understand if force sensors can go at 3.3v..

mmmm can you explain me better?

Not sure I can.

You have a level shifter on the I2C bus to the MPU 6050, at first I thought that this meant the MPU 6050 was a 3V3 system. On closer inspection of your physical layout diagram, a schematic would have been so much better, you are feeding this part with 5V. So why on earth do you have a level shifter? You don't need it.

However if you are going to have a 3V3 processor like the Due, you need a level shifter for the I2C and SPI buses to prevent damage.

Grumpy_Mike:
Not sure I can.

You have a level shifter on the I2C bus to the MPU 6050, at first I thought that this meant the MPU 6050 was a 3V3 system. On closer inspection of your physical layout diagram, a schematic would have been so much better, you are feeding this part with 5V. So why on earth do you have a level shifter? You don’t need it.

However if you are going to have a 3V3 processor like the Due, you need a level shifter for the I2C and SPI buses to prevent damage.

Mmmm really interesting.
In fact I am using level shifter because in the MPU6050 data sheet I can read that was 3.3v optimal and just 5v tolerant.
So I thought that was better to use a level shifter for my MPU6050…
So you think that, currently, in my project, the level shifter is just useless?

And another thing:
do you think my force sensors are affected by this 3.3/5 v problems?

in the meantime THANK YOU for answers and sorry for my poor english…

I suspected a problem with the 16ch servo driver, but it also works on 3.3V, like the IMU does. It's hard to tell where problems may exist, if you don't provide links to the data sheets of all items.

The MPU 6050 is a chip not a board. The board you have may contain other things like a voltage regulator, that is why we need a link to what you have. That includes all the things you have, sensors, Lidar, Servo board and Gyro.

I have just noticed that the diagram says you are feeding 220V into the servo board. I hope you are not, otherwise you have a dead servo board.

Ok guys here the datasheets:

MPU6050:
www.invensense.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MPU-6000-Datasheet1.pdf

Force sensors:

Adafruit servo driver:

No problems about the lidar laser.

I can't find big problems about 3.3/5v but please tell me if I am wrong!

Grumpy_Mike:
The MPU 6050 is a chip not a board.

So I was expecting the data sheet for the board not the chip! That chip will not work with 5V and yet you show a connection to 5V on your so called "diagram".

The force sensor will work just the same with one end connected to 3V3 on a 3V3 system.

I can't find big problems about 3.3/5v but please tell me if I am wrong!

No idea as you have provided no information about what one you are using.

So I ask you what you are using but you only tell me about half the parts. How is anyone supposed to make a sensible answer with cooperation like that.

If you need a faster processor, just buy one . The Due is a lot quicker.

Allan