I need help in making a code for arduino oven!

So I want to make arduino controlled oven, I have one rotary encoder which would be used for setting the temperature and time, a button for confirming temperature and selecting to change time an confirm it, 7 segment dispaly on which time would be shown unless some program is selected then temperature which is set or current which is monitored with sensor, one more somekind rotary thing that is used to select program and a temperature sensor and i would controll relays using optocouplers. I am trying to reuse these parts from old oven whose electronics got fryed and I want to replace it with arduino to safe money and learn something. The problem is I dont know what is the other rotary thing (picture) and I forgot how to write so complex code so any help would be greatly appreciated!

You begin a complex program by writing individual simple programs to exercise each of the devices you want to use in your final project. Begin with the button(switch) and use the sample programs that come with the IDE.

Do not try to combine things you have not tried and understand how and why they do what they do.

Paul

Or buy a Whizoo Controleo kit and program that.

get a wiring diagram for the oven, that should help you ID the parts - many pieces of equipment have the wiring diagrams and parts lists on a manufactures web site - some put the info there to save money from people calling or contacting them for info

Legend_ary:
The problem is I dont know what is the other rotary thing (picture) and I forgot how to write so complex code so any help would be greatly appreciated!

It might could be a rotary switch - because the black circle *could *be where an actuating shaft was fitted.
Can you show the top of that item with better light?

That device in the picture doesn’t really matter because you won’t be using it.

Paul

saildude:
get a wiring diagram for the oven, that should help you ID the parts - many pieces of equipment have the wiring diagrams and parts lists on a manufactures web site - some put the info there to save money from people calling or contacting them for info

Already tried and found nothing, thanks for advice!

dougp:
It might could be a rotary switch - because the black circle *could * be where an actuating shaft was fitted.
Can you show the top of that item with better light?

It has hole for shaft of button that was rotating, but this rotary something doesnt have clicks like rotary encoder, it can just rotate as potentiometer.

Legend_ary:
It has hole for shaft of button that was rotating, but this rotary something doesnt have clicks like rotary encoder, it can just rotate as potentiometer.

The detents may have been incorporated into the knob end. In any case, if you know what the function of the knob was you can build that into the new system making that part, as @Paul_KD7HB says, unneeded.