I need help with an arduino uno rev3, ultrasonic sensor and relay module code

Hello, I am currently programming a project, involving an ultrasonic sensor, arduino UNO, LCD display screen and relay module/ solenoid valve, that will work in conjunction to form a bathtub safety device. As I am new to the realm of electronics and arduino c++ coding (despite my hours of research), I still can't develop an adequate code that will do exactly what I want for all components.

If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated.

It would appear that

help = DoTheWorkForMe();

Two posts, identical. That's called cross-posting, and is NOT allowed here. You are not off to a good start.

Only educated advice.

Thanks for the warning PAULS, but this is an important issue! As I said I'm not too familiar with the website or its restrictions.

If you really want help, you need to tell us, exactly, what parts that you have (web page links, datasheets) and, exactly what you want to do. And the code that you have, what the code actually does and how that differs from what you want it to do.

Read the how to use this forum-please read stickies to see how to post code and some advice on how to get the most from the forum.

eton:
Only educated advice.

OK, that's fair.

Start with the basics. Connect JUST the ultrasonic sensor. Learn how to trigger it to send a pulse. Learn how to read the echoed pulse, and time how long that took. Plenty of examples up Mr. Google's sleeve.

When you can successfully measure the distance, decide what is the next most important thing to add - the relay or the LCD.

Learn how to write code for them. The LCD can most likely be controlled by the LiquidCrystal class (or the _I2C variant, depending on what kind of LCD you have.

The relay is controlled simply by writing a pin HIGH or LOW. You'll need to experiment to determine whether HIGH or LOW makes the relay/solenoid do what you want it to do.

eton:
...but this is an important issue!

Your imagined "important issue" does not justify your selfish act.

eton:
As I said I'm not too familiar with the website or its restrictions.

A problem that only exists because you failed to read "How to use this forum - please read".

Do not cross-post again.

PaulS:
OK, that's fair.

Start with the basics. Connect JUST the ultrasonic sensor. Learn how to trigger it to send a pulse. Learn how to read the echoed pulse, and time how long that took. Plenty of examples up Mr. Google's sleeve.

When you can successfully measure the distance, decide what is the next most important thing to add - the relay or the LCD.

Learn how to write code for them. The LCD can most likely be controlled by the LiquidCrystal class (or the _I2C variant, depending on what kind of LCD you have.

The relay is controlled simply by writing a pin HIGH or LOW. You'll need to experiment to determine whether HIGH or LOW makes the relay/solenoid do what you want it to do.

Over the last few weeks I have developed and tested an ultrasonic sensor code (see below in attachments), monitoring it's accuracy when reflecting and retrieving data, from unstable surfaces (e.g agitated water).
As of lately I am now trying to develop a relay code (in a separate document), as well as a code that will allow the user to calibrate the maximum height (or minimum distance) prior to using the device. The device's main purpose is prevent water overflow. By using an Arduino UNO board, it will allow the user (using the LDC screen) to set a particular height, which then allows the water to flow through the solenoid to the set height, shutting off, via the relay module diverting power away from the solenoid.

However, before an individual can use the device regularly, they will need to send the maximum height/minimum distance. This code will (hopefully) allow the user to permit the ultrasonic sensor (US) to automatically measure the distance from it's placement point (on the wall) to the bottom of the bathtub (although the user might need to manually place the US on the bathtub's surface, so it could then deduct the air gap between the bathtub's surface and the final placement point). As the gap decreases between the US and the water surface (as the bath fills), the measurement of water rising increases, therefore translating onto the LDC as an increasing measurement. The automatic stopping distance would be 5-10cm from the top, just incase an individual sets it over their bathtub's height/capacity (causing water overflow).

From the research I've read you could also possibly set the distance 15-20cm (from the US to the water surface) till the water shuts off. However if an user places the US 30 or 40cm from the bathtub, it could eventuate in water overflow, due to the unknown gap distance between the US and bathtub.
Therefore developing a code that would allow the user to set the gap distance before use, would be better. It's really confusing (ask if you need something clarified), therefore I need the best advice to somewhat accomplish this.

The distance from the sensor to the bottom of the tub should be irrelevant. What the user should enter is the depth of water in the tub that is desired. One value; no calibration needed. Slap the sensor on the wall anywhere, as long as it is pointing reasonably close to straight down.

Measure the distance before adding water. That's the baseline. As the tub fills, the distance decreases. When the value decreases by the amount the user entered, shut the water off.

I don't see what the problem is.

PaulS:
I don't see what the problem is.

There's an air gap in-between the ultrasonic sensor and the top of the bathtub, therefore if an individual sets it deeper then the depth of the bathtub it will overflow.

eton:
There's an air gap in-between the ultrasonic sensor and the top of the bathtub, therefore if an individual sets it deeper then the depth of the bathtub it will overflow.

So, how do you plan to stupid-proof your device?

PaulS:
So, how do you plan to stupid-proof your device?

I don't think you've understood, the device is meant to prevent water overflow, no matter what. I stated in my previous post, how I would go about doing this in theory, and how I just needed advice with programming the code.

eton:
However, before an individual can use the device regularly, they will need to send the maximum height/minimum distance. This code will (hopefully) allow the user to permit the ultrasonic sensor (US) to automatically measure the distance from it's placement point (on the wall) to the bottom of the bathtub (although the user might need to manually place the US on the bathtub's surface, so it could then deduct the air gap between the bathtub's surface and the final placement point). As the gap decreases between the US and the water surface (as the bath fills), the measurement of water rising increases, therefore translating onto the LDC as an increasing measurement. The automatic stopping distance would be 5-10cm from the top, just incase an individual sets it over their bathtub's height/capacity (causing water overflow).

This device is meant for children (parents), those with disabilities and individuals, or elders with dementia or Parkinson's disease. So yes it needs to be 'stupid-proof'.

eton:
So yes it needs to be 'stupid-proof'.

So, why are you jumping on me for asking how you plan to do that?

PaulS:
So, why are you jumping on me for asking how you plan to do that?

I mean, I wouldn't say jumping, rather correcting. I had written it in adequate detail before, I couldn't see why you would ask such a contradicting question, since it was all explained in the previous, lengthy post.