I need help with scrolling text because i am having problem

Hi

Dear all

I am quite new to arduino
The project that i am currently into is 8 single -color LED Matrix Scrolling Text Display
but i am currently doing a project using arduino uno board and single color led matrix
is there any sample coding that i can refer to and modify ?
I had brought the materials but i have yet to start on the codding part because i am having difficulty in finding some codes for reference

There is currently bi color codes for reference but i cant find single color led matrix

http://www.wayoda.org/arduino/ledcontrol/index.html

Why not modify your Original Post and extend the title of your Thread to something useful such as "I need help with scrolling text"

...R

8 single -color LED Matrix Scrolling Text Display

What does that mean?

Did you build the display or buy it? You'll need to know how to "address" the display before you can program it. If you can address any single LED to turn it on & off, you can do text. If it's wired as a matrix, you have to turn-on the particular row & column to address and LED. It's possible to have the LEDs arranged in an matrix, but wired/addressed serially.

There may be a library for converting text to a particular LED pattern representing characters, or you may have to write that code (or library) yourself. The shifting/scrolling could be built into the hardware or it could be done completely in software.

You can't write any code without knowing how the hardware works.

At 47 pages I think everything that needs to be discussed on scrolling text is in this thread

DVDdoug:
What does that mean?

when you log onto this site, you click 'forum'

one of the very first sticky posts are :

I am sure that this is very self explanatory

may I draw your attention to how informative it is ?
it tells you the very basic thing. HOW TO USE THIS FORM
and then it goes on and asks something of you. PLEASE READ

.I hate to mention this, but the simple fact that your subject line offers neither of these means that Robin2 posted a note to you and I am hand-holding you to learn how to be part of this group.

if you clicked on that, you would have followed to this page
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html
and reading the page, you would have come to item #6 Make a meaningful subject line

put another way, would you click on a subject line that read

WHICH END OF THE RESISTOR GOES TO NEUTRAL ?

or

newest newbie has newest newbie nube question

or

Having problems with LED matrix scrolling text display

or

having problems of XR-217RT infrared audio sequencer

???????

well, anyone who has an XR-217RT or has dealt with the phase flux issues of the Retro-encabulator with it's ability to handle the inverse reactive current when used in unilateral phase detractors, well, I can tell you that those boys would be waiting in line to post on that thread !

sorry, but no one has a clue what help you need based on your subject line.

I assume that you needed help with how to write a subject line.
and there you have it.

well, back to pondering the issue of sinusoidal depleneration.....