I NEED HELP!

I am new to Arduino and really anything related. I am wanting to create a board to control lights, act as a voice modulator, and play pre-recorded sounds from a small sound board. I want the lights to flash when sound is detected through a headset microphone. The voice modulator and pre-recorded sounds, I would prefer to play through the same speaker if possible. What would be the correct order to arrange the components? Any help is appreciated. Please keep in mind that I am new to this, so "dumbed down" term would be helpful. Please and thank you.

I suggest you learn binking thae LED on the arduino first.

I agree with @zwieblum. Start with one small part of the project - such as flashing an LED. When you get that working put it to one side and learn how to do another small part. When you can do all the small parts separately it will be time to consider creating the combined project.

And while this is appropriate advice for a newbie it is also the way that all successful large projects are created so there is no sense in which we are being condescending.

Study the examples that come with the Arduni IDE. They will have many of the techniques you will need.

...R

I recently got one of these kits from here to give as a gift and the text looks much more complete than many others I have sen and used. Starts from the basics.

https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-starter-kit

Use the forum Google search function in the upper right of this page to search for the key words of your project. You will probably find many similar previous project discussions and code to get you started.

Robin2:
I agree with @zwieblum. Start with one small part of the project - such as flashing an LED. When you get that working put it to one side and learn how to do another small part. When you can do all the small parts separately it will be time to consider creating the combined project.

And while this is appropriate advice for a newbie it is also the way that all successful large projects are created so there is no sense in which we are being condescending.

Study the examples that come with the Arduni IDE. They will have many of the techniques you will need.

...R

Thank you for the advice! I've tried googling the different projects, unfortunately I was (so far) only able to find result videos more than tutorials. Text tutorial articles used a lot of technical terms that I'm not quite able to follow just yet. Have you found any that may be of more use? I am on a limited budget, so I unfortunately cannot afford to buy a starter kit. I'll have to buy the components for the specific project I am working on. Please and thank you.

“I NEED HELP!”

How about:

‘Please help me’

Since you are buying a processor anyway - only cost a few dollars to get a few LED's, push buttons, breadboard, and resistors. Then you can do many of the tutorials and the parts will probably be used when you develop the final application.

malaweyj:
Thank you for the advice! I've tried googling the different projects, unfortunately I was (so far) only able to find result videos more than tutorials.

I suspect you are looking for tutorials that show how to do projects whereas IMHO you should be looking for tutorials about the nuts and bolts of programming - the techniques that will be the building blocks for your project.

The example programs that come with the Arduino IDE will have most of the techniques you will require.

Text tutorial articles used a lot of technical terms that I'm not quite able to follow just yet

I find when I come across new stuff that I begin to understand it after the 14th read. Don't give up.

If you ask a specific question here about something you don't understand I'm sure someone will explain, or point you towards an explanation.

...R