I need really quick help, please! My BA thesis presentation depends on that!

Hey,

I'm working with Arduino Uno boards and some cheap copies of the Uno for some prototypes for my BA thesis. Presentation is on Thuesday...

Today I tried to run some old Diecimila Boards which didn't work, but that's another story depending on the port.

I updated the Arduino Version on 1.6.14. and afterwards I couldn't compilate or upload the sketches on ANY boards, even not on the Unos which functioned properly before. Then I installed 1.6.13. and 1.6.12. but nothing helped.

Can someone please tell me how I can upload sketches again? It's really important because I still need to finish the Prototypes until Thuesday!

Thanks!!

Best, Bbie

This is the message that occured:

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: dlopen(/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so, 2): Symbol not found: _environ Referenced from: /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: dlopen(/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so, 2): Symbol not found: _environ Referenced from: /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: core/WInterrupts.c.o: plugin needed to handle lto object /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: dlopen(/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so, 2): Symbol not found: _environ Referenced from: /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: WInterrupts.c.o: plugin needed to handle lto object /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: core/hooks.c.o: plugin needed to handle lto object /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: dlopen(/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so, 2): Symbol not found: _environ Referenced from: /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: WInterrupts.c.o: plugin needed to handle lto object /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: hooks.c.o: plugin needed to handle lto object /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: wiring.c.o: plugin needed to handle lto object /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: core/wiring_analog.c.o: plugin needed to handle lto object /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ar: dlopen(/Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so, 2): Symbol not found: _environ Referenced from: /Users/deborahsillmann/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/../libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status exit status 1 Fehler beim Kompilieren.

Dieser Report hätte mehr Informationen mit "Ausführliche Ausgabe während der Kompilierung" aktiviert in Datei > Einstellungen.

Sounds like your Arduino environment is corrupt. You may want to try installing a fresh copy as you are currently using an older version of the IDE.

I updated the Arduino Version on 1.6.14. and afterwards I couldn't compilate or upload the sketches on ANY boards, even not on the Unos which functioned properly before. Then I installed 1.6.13. and 1.6.12. but nothing helped.

Where did you load those IDE versions? The latest IDE is 1.6.12 on arduino.cc = host of this forum. You will find an 1.7.11 on arduino.org; but the IDE's of .org are not 100% compatible with current Genuino boards.

Look at this thread where this was discussed only recently: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=427888.0

Your error message shows you are on a Mac. I am also on Mac (OS X Yosemite). Which version are you on? Having read through a lot of threads I am - still on Yosemite as a lot of people reported problems with Arduinos and El Capitan / Sierra - still on IDE 1.6.9 (the version from this forum owner .cc)

My originals and my clones (with CH340 or Prolific serial communication chips) work flawlessly with this combination.

Follow @dlabun's advice, delete the current Arduino installation (save your sketches first, you never know, even on Macs), download 1.6.9 (.cc - Version!), re-install and all fingers crossed - you will be back on the playground again.

If not done so, you might also delete and re-install the clone drivers if they come with CH340, Pro-lific etc. chips.

rpt007: Where did you load those IDE versions?

They're referring to the Arduino AVR Boards version. 1.6.14 is the latest. The problem appears to be caused by the new version of AVR-GCC included with Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.12 or newer. So you need to be sure not to update your Arduino AVR Boards to any version newer than 1.6.11.

They’re referring to the Arduino AVR Boards version

Thank you pert.

I was suspecting this as first idea, but as I didn’t care (shame on me) yet about the IDE built-in update of board versions (actually: I ignore them having read a few threads with a lot of issues about these board updates) I thought - triggered by the current discussion in the cited thread - the PO might have the same issue.

But it is VERY VERY confusing, that IDE version and AVR board version come with almost the same naming/numbering scheme! This should be changed asap - maybe the announced merge of the .cc and .org projects can do something about that.