I need Softwareserial to read 8bit Even parity 1 StopBit

his code works perfect for reading a serial device from pin 0/1

Serial(9600,SERIAL_8E1);

but what I want is
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial mySerial(10, 11,SERIAL_8E1); // RX, TX

Is there instructions about how to change SoftwareSerial to handle Even Parity instead of None Parity

Is there a solution to have SoftwareSerial to just do Receive assignment to one pin and no transmit?
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial mySerial(10,SERIAL_8E1); // Only RX

This will save a digital pin on the Arduino

SoftwareSerial mySerial(10,SERIAL_8E1); // Only RX

The second argument is the transmit pin number. You can hardly expect to transmit on pin number SERIAL_8E1. You can use an invalid pin number in that position, such as 255. Doing so is safe AS LONG AS you never call mySerial.write(), mySerial.print(), or mySerial.println().

And, yes there have been threads about changing the parity and stop bits on SoftwareSerial. Time for you to search.

The standard library doesn't support single pin (unidirectional) operation. I know that at least one person has made modified the library to support this and it may be that they have published the modified version somewhere, but it would be easy to modify the library yourself to support that. (I would just define a magic number such as -1 meaning 'unused' and then disable all operations affecting that pin when it had that value.)

The standard library also doesn't support parity and doesn't give you any option over the use of stop bits - it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere but it only supports 8N1. Changing that would require messing with some extremely timing-critical code and not a task to be tackled lightly.

I remember that there is an alternative software serial library which was developed to overcome some of the limitations of the standard SoftwareSerial. I haven't used it and don't have a link handy but I suggest you try to track it down and see if that would suit you better.

I'm exploring a very simple and short piece of code to read and write serial data. It would not be difficult to extend it to deal with any number of bits and any sort of parity.

It probably won't be in a fit state to publish for 3 or 4 days.

...R