I need to find a camera for Arduino's that has number recognition.

I'm pretty new here. I am working on a project where I need to quickly read numbers with a camera. I am having a really hard time finding one that works. Please help me with this and thank you

Is that available ? I thought you would use a camera to view the number , then a computer would analyse the image and ( try to) identify the number .
So any compatible camera would work.

I’d start by googling number recognition software / systems and see what turns up

Sounds like a Raspberry Pi.

OpenCV territory.

Is that process called OCR, optical character recognition?

An esp32cam may be worth considering.
I would guess the easiest way would be for it to capture a jpg image then use an online service to OCR the image to read the number although it may be possible to do it in the esp32 it's self?

This may be of interest: Home · jomjol/AI-on-the-edge-device Wiki · GitHub

btw - see my sketch here for demo on how to capture an image and read the raw image data

Tensor Flow

alanesq:
btw - see my sketch here for demo on how to capture an image and read the raw image data
GitHub - alanesq/esp32cam-demo: esp32cam module demo / project starting point sketch using Arduino ide

Thanks for the link. I'll be checking it out. I got in some ESP32-CAM modules. +1

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.