I use ATMEGA16U2 to upload code to Mega 2560 MCU,but it did`nt work...

Hi guys,

I have designed a custom Mega 2560 PCB board for my customers.
When I was testing the function of uploading code to Mega 2560 MCU,my PCB board did`nt work.
After debugging the PCB,I found that was the problem of my microcontroller...

I tried to use ATMEL FLIP to reload the firmware of ATMEGA16U2,but it still not work.
Although my PC can read the comport,but still cannot upload code to Mega 2560 MCU on my board.

During the debugging,I found the difference of ATMEGA16U2:

When Im testing the ATMEGA16U2(I bought by myself.),the bootloader version is 1.0.0,it cannot upload code. ![](https://ibb.co/nkwQQPF) When Im testing the ATMEGA16U2 on the Mega 2560 board from original manufacturing,the bootloader version is 1.2.0 on ATMEGA16U2,it can upload code.

So I change the two ATMEGA16U2 for testing uploading code.
The original Mega board cannot upload code,but my custom PCB can upload code!!

I think this is my bootloader ver. of ATMEGA16U2 is too old to upload,maybe it can work when I upgrade the microcontroller to newest version.

How do I upgrade the bootloader version of ATMEGA16U2? ATMEL FLIP?

When you say bootloader version, is that the version of the bootloader on the ATmega16U2, or on the ATmega2560?

pert:
When you say bootloader version, is that the version of the bootloader on the ATmega16U2, or on the ATmega2560?

I mean the version of the bootloader on the ATmega16U2.
Now I have no idea how to upgrade the version of the bootloader on the ATmega16U2 from 1.0.0 to 1.2.0

Where did you get the ATmega16U2 firmware you flashed?