I want to build: configurable fan controller + 3 thermal sensors

Hallo!
Need an advice and guidance for a project.
I am building a PC case. The main target is to blow out dust a few times a day. First of all when turnings PC on/off and mabey after each 10 hours, if not turned off. And also controlled with inside/outside thermal sensor - auto adjusting fans speed. Blow off dust i think to manage simply by few big fans IN and the same amount of fan OUT blowing the air.

Is it ok idea or just dumb, unpractical idea?

Thx for your time and advice!
Best regards
Mat?ss

MatissJekabsons:
Is it ok idea or just dumb, unpractical idea?

Does it have to be one or the other?

Won't a high-speed fan only bring in (or move) a greater volume of dusty air nonetheless?

I really dont know... but i whant to try :slight_smile:

What if you use air "jets" instead of fans? Run thin tubing to all the places that dust collects (grills, heatsinks, hard drives). You could run all the tubing into one fitting, that plugs into a small DC air compressor. It would be like automating those "air duster" cans. Turn off the intake fans, and leave the exhaust fans on, and they will suck all the agitated dust out of the system.

My gaming PC has 3x 200mm fans, and it still collects a lot of dust. I believe this is because the dust becomes statically bound to stuff it is sitting on, making it take a significant amount of air pressure to blow it off.

air "jets" ?
Hmmm...doesnt know what is it... will search bout this

MatissJekabsons:
air "jets" ?
Hmmm...doesnt know what is it... will search bout this

If you take an air compressor and force a high volume of air through a small opening, you get a "jet" of air. A really small tube (something like an IV drip line, or those straws you see on the canned air products), would work quite well at increasing air pressure I think.

Ok
Go it! :slight_smile:
Cool idea! Thx!
I think that could be the way to go...
Now just need to get my LianLi case and figure out, how to make arduino to helm me to reach the goal

MatissJekabsons:
Ok
Go it! :slight_smile:
Cool idea! Thx!
I think that could be the way to go...
Now just need to get my LianLi case and figure out, how to make arduino to helm me to reach the goal

An arduino can easily take temperature readings, control fans, and turn a compressor on/off.