I want to control a Logitech V-UBK45 webcam with my Arduino UNO.

I have just finished disassembling my Logitech Quickcam communicate STX (model no. V-UBK45), hoping to control it from my Arduino instead of using my computer. I was hoping to find out if anyone could direct me to any libraries to control this USB webcam, and also help with how to connect it to my Arduino UNO. my end-goal here is to take out the ATMEGA328, and hook it up to a PCB, so that it can fit into an Altoids tin.

PS: I want to write the pictures to an SD or microSD card. PPS: As much as it would be cool to have a display to show what the picture would look like, it would take up to many pins, so ill settle for no picture unless anyone has a good way of connecting an LCD screen + all of the things above.

Anyways, thanks in advance! :)

I want to write the pictures to an SD or microSD card.

You can not get video from a webcam into a normal Arduino to do anything with. You can use the Yun but then you will be doing in Linux.

that is a bit dissapointing but thanks. so there is no way to do anything with my UNO and the webcam?

so there is no way to do anything with my UNO and the webcam?

That is correct. This comes up at least every week. Try a search on it.

You could use the Arduino to control some servos to point the webcam in the right direction.