I want to find x, y, of moving robot using encoder

I have a robot with two wheel

I want to find x, y, of moving robot using encoder, from rotation, use Differential Drive Robots theory.

i need the coding (and wiring) to get x and y. :o :o

You're the one who knows what the "Differential Drive Robots theory" is so unless you're going to share it then you'll have to be the one who codes it.

Steve

lebihkerendibandingandikarrel:
i need the coding (and wiring) to get x and y. :o :o

If you want someone to write a program for you please ask in the Gigs and Collaborations section of the Forum and be prepared to pay.

If you try doing it yourself and get stuck we will try to help.

…R

How big?

Indoors or outdoors?

What precision do you require?

MorganS: How big?

Indoors or outdoors?

What precision do you require?

outdoor, not high precision

Please define "not high".

MorganS: Please define "not high".

Six inches ?

...R

Good one Robin. I nearly thought that was the OP replying.

slipstick: You're the one who knows what the "Differential Drive Robots theory" is so unless you're going to share it then you'll have to be the one who codes it.

Steve

The correct phrase is "kinematics". As in the opposite of "inverse kinematics" where you plan a robot's motor instructions from a model of the kinetic structure. Here we want to determine actual motion from its motor movements.

Its simple geometric relationship that has to be integrated over time. Think of the robot moving in a series of steps, each of which advances only one encoder by one step. A left wheel encoder step moves the robot forward by half the step made by that wheel, and rotates the current heading a certain amount. Right wheel similarly. Both together and the rotations cancel and a single forward step is the result.

So model the current position, x, y, and the current angle, theta, and progress both for each step or each encoder...