I want to read data from hc-05 module directly without MCU !!!

I want to read data from hc-05 module directly without MCU and use it through shift register to get output for LEDs.
I have made some simple working circuits using arduino and I am familiar with arduino codes.
But this is first time , I am trying this more complex project. I am not a professional in programming and I know just about 10 % of it.

74younus:

I guess just just plug the HC-05 into whatever it is that you DO read the data with, and away you go.

the only way to do so is using the Tx-Pin of the HC-05-module which goes HIGH and LOW at the set baudrate!!!!

If you take a look at most interfaces there are a minimum of TWO wires!!!!. Data and Clock,. or even MORE than TWO wires!!!!

A shiftregister needs TWO wires too: Data and Clock!!!!

So now the next step in realising the reality
How many pins do you count if you count through the number of TX-pins????!!!!

A serial interface just needs one wire for receiving but it needs "the intelligence" of an MCU behind this single wire to make it work!!!!

A simple shift-register is tooo dumb to do so!!!! For a serial connection There HAS TO BE some MCU-intelligence to MEASURE TIME how long the pin is HIGH and LOW to decipher if a bit shall be 1 or 0!!!! A simple shift-register CAN'T do this!!!!

So your wish is like asking Siri "I want to marry you!!!!" There are crucial material requirements missing!!!

StefanL38:
A serial interface just needs one wire for receiving but it needs "the intelligence" of an MCU behind but it needs "the intelligence" of an MCU behind this single wire to make it work!!!!
[/qquote]
May be a demux of something else. :slight_smile:

I am not a professional in programming and I know just about 10 % of it.

Without a MCU, there is no programming involved :smiley:

A shift register needs a clock signal to clock the data bits in. How are you going to derive that from the serial output of the HC05? I'm quite sure that it can be done with some (or a lot of) additional electronics but you make life needlessly complicated; I think that a small microcontroller like an 8-pin ATtiny would do the job beautifully.

Just to point out the obvious, an arduino is an MCU. Doubtless it is possible to implement an interface to the HC-05 using discrete logic, but nobody actually does that anymore for anything other than an academic exercise.

david_2018:
Just to point out the obvious, an arduino is an MCU.

So I arduino is needed and makes the task easy so it is easy with arduino and I have to use it. Thankyou all for support. I close this topic now.[/quote]