I want to replace a servo controller with a DC motor controller

and I dont know what to do.
The servo controller Adafruit 815(SC) has pins SDA, SCL, GND, and VCC input with output pins of
PWM, V+, and GND, which connect to the servo which drives the moving part

I want to use a DC motor controller L298N to control a DC motor to drive the moving part.
The L298 has 6 input pins which control the speed and direction of the DC motor.

So how do wire this ?
Arduino —>815—>Servo using pins SDA and SCL
or
Arduino —>L298N—>DC Motor using pins ???. Can I use either SDA and/or SCL to control the DC motor?

I am not too interested in controlling direction of the motor as that was not part of the original design, but I may revisit that. One direction at full speed or 1/2 speed will suffice. I will figure out how to do that if I can get some guidance as to what to do with SDA/SCL if anything.

Downey-AST-Block diagram.pdf (53.6 KB)

L298N-Motor-Driver-Module-Pinout.png

If you particularly want to use an L298N (old-fashioned inefficient motor driver) then of course you can. It does not use I2C for communication so SDA/SCL have nothing to do with it.

But if I just wanted simple single direction speed control I'd just use a basic MOSFET switch circuit and a single PWM pin. Google "Arduino MOSFET switch" for plenty of circuits.

Steve

slipstick:
If you particularly want to use an L298N (old-fashioned inefficient motor driver) then of course you can. It does not use I2C for communication so SDA/SCL have nothing to do with it.

But if I just wanted simple single direction speed control I'd just use a basic MOSFET switch circuit and a single PWM pin. Google "Arduino MOSFET switch" for plenty of circuits.

Steve

Thank you Slip, I am reading about them now. I actually inherited the original project which used the L298N.

Can this be used to control a DC motor ?

No. Not without adding a MOSFET circuit that you could have used from a PWM pin without the PCA9685.

Steve