I was afraid Before Starting

I'm just a software programmers who are interested in hardware caused by things like arduino. But there is one thing that makes me not ready to do something with arduino, I am afraid to make a mistake in connecting the cables to other cables such as the short-circuit trigger by mistake components installed on arduino thus making a PIN is connected directly to the GROUND that can cause damage to my device.

What I want to ask the arduino team directly via email (https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ContactUs) but instead directed to this forum is what should be done to avoid damage, and is there any other way for the prevention of damage instead using the shield/hat such as Ruggeduino shield to make me comfortable even though errors occur unintentionally.

There is no short-circuit prevention feature, besides careful and thorough?

Arduino Team? Anyone? Thank you in advance.

Yes, there is no short-circuit prevention!

It's not necessary! It's hard to fry arduino Just avoid these thing

• Shorting I/O Pins to Ground
  • Shorting I/O Pins to Each Other
  • Apply Overvoltage to I/O Pins
  • Apply External Vin Power Backwards
  • Apply >5V to the 5V Connector Pin
  • Apply >3.3V to the 3.3V Connector Pin
  • Short Vin to GND
  • Apply 5V External Power with Vin Load
  • Apply >13V to the Reset Pin
  • Exceed Total Microcontroller Current
  • Put it out in the rain with a huge metal pole that will attract lightning and get it wet :sweat_smile:

And if you do fry it, you may learn something. I did when I smoked my Nano. I learned to take my time and wire carefully, and research/read. And I also learned Micro Center has UNO's on sale for $5.99 USD.

Thank you very much for the information, but all of the list above look like a threat for me not as a concern (a hidden threat).
Get a lesson after I burn stuff I think is a sad thing for me. :disappointed_relieved:

Well, then I’ll be careful when playing with the genuine Arduino except with the counterfeit ones.