I would like to know how to write on i2c lcd

Hello, I have a work to do on college, and it requires to write on and i2c 16x2 lcd, using arduino uno. But, the professor doesnt let us use LiquidCrystal. Every where I go on internet tutorials about this, all use the LiquidCrystal. Can you help me connect to the lcd and put some letters or characters there, without using that library? Thanks

Then learn what to send :wink: (or cheat and use a different library :p) A good start would be the actual chip(s) used and how it's connected. And you can always use LiquidCrystal-library as a cheat sheet :wink:

DuvidasParaCF:
Hello, I have a work to do on college, and it requires to write on and i2c 16x2 lcd, using arduino uno. But, the professor doesnt let us use LiquidCrystal. Every where I go on internet tutorials about this, all use the LiquidCrystal. Can you help me connect to the lcd and put some letters or characters there, without using that library? Thanks

Why not load the cpp and h files of one of the lcd libraries into the Arduino IDE and read how someone else has used code to read/write the LCD display and then, using their example, write your own code?

:smiley:

There is the hd44780 library.

Ok I ve resolved the problem, without using any of your libraries. Just using functions that I ve built. Thanks (one for the suggestion, and the other for roasting for absolute no reason because I just wanted help) :smiley: