I2C communication + data on serial communication

Hey guys

I'm working on a project and I receive data from the serial communication via USB from Python. I need to transmit this data to another Arduino and probably the I2C protocol will be the best option. I read some documentations about it, tried to implement the code, but it didn't work out.

Any idea how could i manage that?

Thanks

Please, provide us a sample data item that you want to transfer from UNO-1 to UNO-2 over the I2C Bus. We will show you the implementation mechanism.

probably the I2C protocol will be the best option.

Please describe why you think I2C is the best option. I2C is limited in many ways (master/slave, bus length < 0.5m, etc.) which new users often ignore first and have to pay a lot later.

Nick Gammon has a good tutorial of how to use I2C for inter-Arduino data transfers.

The data that is being transmitted via serial USB is a value to control a delayed waveform. For example:

I'm monitoring an oscillator circuit and at a specific time a peak voltage occurs. My Arduino NANO is responsible to identify this peak via an interrupt and generate a pulse of 50us width. However, this output must be delayed in some ms, and this value I can choose(Python Code).

The idea now is to couple another oscillator, I will have one more Arduino (NANO) and this delay must still be coming from the Python code, but I also need it to be transmitted to another Arduino.

How can I do that?

The idea now is to couple another oscillator, I will have one more Arduino (NANO) and this delay must still be coming from the Python code, but I also need it to be transmitted to another Arduino.

Change the python code to send it to both Arduinos connected to the PC. That way you can use the same code on both Arduinos.

If you just receive the value from the PC (without acknowledging it or sending something back) you might also simply connect pin 0 of both Nanos. So both Nanos get exactly the same data from the PC and can react on it.