I2C Communication not working with Neopixel Ring (crashing)

Hi guys. I having trouble with my code, was wondering if anyone could give me some help. What i’m trying to do is communicate via i2c communication between my Arduino Mega and Trinket pro, to turn on my Neopixel ring. Tbe code is attached. What is happening is i have made a midi input to my arduino mega which receives a midi signal from my computer to the mega. Then i want to sent that message to the trinket via Ic2 to turn on then neopixel ring for different midi signals. I all works really well, however after a while, it starts to stuff up and crash. Instead of being red it is multi coloured. Or instead of being green it goes crazy. My thoughts are is that maybe I should be using SPI communication as the speed is faster. However it could just be my code. I have two trinkets attached to the mega. I havn’t uploaded any code to one of the trinkets, not sure if this is a problem, and it is on the same bus. The problem seems to get worse the faster I send the midi signals in from a footswitch, so I thinks its overloading the mega and having a problem getting to many messages to the trinket pro or something like that but unsure. I have tried adding delays, but doesn’t seem to help. This is driving me crazy. Any help would be most appreciated.

Slave code.ino (1.47 KB)

Master Code.ino (10.5 KB)