I2C Data Acquisition with MATLAB

Hello,

I have a 10 DOF IMU (GY-80) communicating with arduino Nano.

my present arduino code serial prints 6 values:

Serial.print(roll_rate);
Serial.print(pitch_rate);
Serial.print(yaw_rate);
Serial.print(accel_x);
Serial.print(accel_y);
Serial.print(accel_z); // at a 9600 Baud rate

I am trying to acquire these data on MATLAB which Im guessing should ease my future computations. However, I am unable to do this acquisition. Can any one please help me in this acquisition process?

Thanks.. :slight_smile:

Can any one please help me in this acquisition process?

What is your Arduino question?

Hi,

sorry…my final question was: Is it possible to invoke a Matlab function from arduino IDE, which reads data from the sensors (IMU) attached to an arduino nano and which outputs a set of processed data, in real time (like say, to compute AHRS from accelerometer and gyro) ?

Is it possible to invoke a Matlab function from arduino IDE

No. The Arduino IDE has no idea that Matlab exists.

I don't think that is the right question, anyway, since the IDE is only used to develop application that run somewhere else - on the Arduino. It seems like you'd want the Arduino (not the IDE) to invoke a Matlab function (not that it can, either).

The Arduino CAN send data to the serial port. Matlab can listen to the serial port, and do stuff based on what it reads from the serial port. How to make Matlab do that is NOT something you ask for help here about. You could try asking at your local Ford dealer. Or, just maybe, on a Matlab forum.

Ok ... Thanks :slight_smile: