i2c Programming Problems!! HELP

im trying to get my lcd (20x4) with my adafruit i2c/spi backpack to work, i go to "

GitHub - adafruit/STEMMA_LiquidCrystal: Liquid Crystal Library for Arduino " to download the new liquid crystal library, in arduino IDE i go

to Sketch/Import Library/Add Library. i select the .zip file in my downloads, "

C:\Users\Nathan\Downloads " its then added.

In arduino IDE

When i go to " File/Examples/LiquidCrystal-master/HelloWorld_i2c " and open that code, i add the liquid crystal master to my code by " Sketch/Import Library/LiquidCrystal-master "

Connections
-5v on backpack to 5v on arduino
-GND on backpack to GND on arduino
-CLK on backpack to A5 on arduino
-DAT on backpack to A4 on arduino

When i try and upload the sketch it give me this error:

In file included from HelloWorld_i2c.pde:18:
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:19: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:22: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:22: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:23: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:23: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:24: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:24: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:25: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:26: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:27: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:30: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:31: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:32: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h:32: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared

Please help i dont know what i did wrong
Thanks in advance

I'm by no means an expert, but it looks to me like the .h file is missing #include "Arduino.h"

Modify the .h file in C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal-master/Adafruit_MCP23008.h

At the top you will see this:

#ifndef _ADAFRUIT_MCP23008_H
#define _ADAFRUIT_MCP23008_H

Change it it look like this:

#ifndef _ADAFRUIT_MCP23008_H
#define _ADAFRUIT_MCP23008_H
#include "Arduino.h"

That should fix your problem.