I2C (qwiic) LCD and Keypad used wirelessly?

I have a qwiic 4x20 LCD and Keypad that I control my setup with and I'm currently using the Sparkfun Differential I2C breakout to send it over a Cat 7 cable. Is there an example of doing this wirelessly someone could please link or explain for me? TY!

That is not possible.
You need a wireless communication between two Arduino boards to transmit the data wireless.
The display and keyboard can not jump from I2C directly to wireless, you need to add an Arduino board.

The SparkFun Differential I2C Breakout - PCA9615 (Qwiic) is something special. It converts the I2C bus to a bidirectional twisted pair.

I think there are wireless possibilities for the SMBus (which is close to a I2C bus). However, those solutions are not common.

Ok, ty. I guess a Bluetooth app for my phone would be the better option and eliminate the lcd / keypad.

Yes, that is a good idea :slight_smile:
I never used a menu on a LCD display because I don't like that. I use either a webpage, or a Nextion display, and a app on your phone is also very nice.

Koepel:
Yes, that is a good idea :slight_smile:
I never used a menu on a LCD display because I don't like that. I use either a webpage, or a Nextion display, and a app on your phone is also very nice.

With the Nextion, what do you use to interface wirelessly? Ty!

Sorry, I should have explained it better, the Nextion display is connected to the Arduino. It is not wireless.

Once going wireless, there is no need for a Nextion display (or any other display or keys), because then a webpage is easier, better looking, more user-friendly and easier to maintain.

Koepel:
Sorry, I should have explained it better, the Nextion display is connected to the Arduino. It is not wireless.

Once going wireless, there is no need for a Nextion display (or any other display or keys), because then a webpage is easier, better looking, more user-friendly and easier to maintain.

Ahh, ok. Ty again!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.