I2C sensor clocking

I need to use a couple of I2C humidity sensors for a project - Sparkfun 1264. These sensors have a fix address so I can't put them on the same bus.

What I am thinking of doing is running multiple clock lines but have common data line.

Controller is Mega.
Drive clock lines with AND gates or driver chips - haven't looked at them yet.
Using CAT5 wire for connection. one pair is +5 and gnd; second pair data line and maybe gnd; pairs 3 & 4 can run 4 separate clock channels.

I would use a fairly strong pullup on the clock lines at the sensor end to try to reduce any induced clock signals on the unused lines.

Any thoughts?

Use analog multiplexer for clock and data signals.

Use this : TCA9548A I2C Multiplexer : ID 2717 : $6.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
If you make your own multiplexer, only SDA or SCL needs to be multiplexed. I forgot which one it is :frowning:
The channel that is not used must be high (high is idle).
Or use SoftwareWire, it is in the Library Manager in the Arduino IDE.

What is a Sparkfun 1264 ? Can you give a link to it ? The HTU21D ? https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12064
That is a 3.3V sensor, how will you connect it to a 5V Arduino ? The Arduino Mega is even worse, it has 10k pullup resistors for SDA and SCL, that means you may not connect them to the SDA and SCL of the sensor. You need a level shifter.

Yes, it is the HTU21D. And it is 3.3V. So instead of 5V I will tie it to the 3.3v rail.

Just looked at the ADA Fruit part. Looks like what I need. Also the added benefit of voltage level shifting with these sensors being 3.3V and the Mega 5v.

Thanks for the tip.