icmp_ping

After a switch in IDE versions i found my self fighting a lot to get some things working. But after getting all other librarys i use running smoothly i still cant seem to get the icmp ping to work with arduino 1.0.5-r2.

this is my error message ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:10: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h:159: warning: ignoring #pragma pack C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h:37: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h: In constructor 'ICMPEcho::ICMPEcho(uint8_t, uint16_t, uint16_t, uint8_t*)': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h:79: warning: 'ICMPEcho::seq' will be initialized after C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h:78: warning: 'uint16_t ICMPEcho::id' C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:48: warning: when initialized here C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h: In constructor 'ICMPEcho::ICMPEcho()': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h:79: warning: 'ICMPEcho::seq' will be initialized after C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h:78: warning: 'uint16_t ICMPEcho::id' C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:57: warning: when initialized here C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h: In constructor 'ICMPPing::ICMPPing(SOCKET, uint8_t)': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h:156: warning: 'ICMPPing::_socket' will be initialized after C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\/ICMPPing.h:154: warning: 'uint8_t ICMPPing::_id' C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:96: warning: when initialized here C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp: In member function 'void ICMPPing::operator()(const IPAddress&, int, ICMPEchoReply&)': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:119: warning: unused variable 'replyAddr' C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp: In member function 'void ICMPPing::receiveEchoReply(const ICMPEcho&, const IPAddress&, ICMPEchoReply&)': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:177: error: invalid conversion from 'uint16_t' to 'volatile uint8_t*' C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:177: error: initializing argument 2 of 'void W5100Class::read_data(SOCKET, volatile uint8_t*, volatile uint8_t*, uint16_t)' C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:185: error: invalid conversion from 'uint16_t' to 'volatile uint8_t*' C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:185: error: initializing argument 2 of 'void W5100Class::read_data(SOCKET, volatile uint8_t*, volatile uint8_t*, uint16_t)' ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Does any one know what is going on here? or if anyone is writing an up date to the icmp ping library? thanks in advance.

Update:

it seems to have been something wrong SPI. Individual replaces all of the librarys that came with the install of arduino 1.0.5-r2 and it worked after the SPI. I guess it is possible that the install didn't go right. :/

Any other thoughts on this?

Even I get this :

C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp: In member function 'void ICMPPing::receiveEchoReply(const ICMPEcho&, const IPAddress&, ICMPEchoReply&)':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:177: error: invalid conversion from 'uint16_t' to 'volatile uint8_t*'
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:177: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'void W5100Class::read_data(SOCKET, volatile uint8_t*, volatile uint8_t*, uint16_t)'
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:185: error: invalid conversion from 'uint16_t' to 'volatile uint8_t*'
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:185: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'void W5100Class::read_data(SOCKET, volatile uint8_t*, volatile uint8_t*, uint16_t)'

What IDE do you use

First, I downloaded the latest version. The latest version does not work. I have deleted all these files and downloaded Version2.0 from here: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/ICMPPing#Download and I was able to ping successfully. Thanks for the library.

Thanks