ICMPPing sketch won't compile

https://github.com/BlakeFoster/Arduino-Ping

The example won't compile. This is the error message I recieve.

C:\Users\Tadej Murovic\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp: In member function 'void ICMPPing::receiveEchoReply(const ICMPEcho&, const IPAddress&, ICMPEchoReply&)': C:\Users\Tadej Murovic\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:177: error: invalid conversion from 'uint16_t' to 'volatile uint8_t*' C:\Users\Tadej Murovic\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:177: error: initializing argument 2 of 'void W5100Class::read_data(SOCKET, volatile uint8_t*, volatile uint8_t*, uint16_t)' C:\Users\Tadej Murovic\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:185: error: invalid conversion from 'uint16_t' to 'volatile uint8_t*' C:\Users\Tadej Murovic\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:185: error: initializing argument 2 of 'void W5100Class::read_data(SOCKET, volatile uint8_t*, volatile uint8_t*, uint16_t)'

I am using IDE 1.0.6 and I have tried installing other version + a combination of different versions of the library to no avail. It is driving me nuts.

How can I try to make it compile?

a quick look at the code shows the year 2010, so it might be that the code only works for pre 1.X IDE's Also the .H file does not show an #ifdef construction often seen in post 1.x Arduino.

There were some major changes including the ethernet library.

1) Check the release notes on Arduino.cc to see what has changed 2) You could open an issue on the Github